- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Inside the Beltway: Post-Perry possibility
POLL DU JOUR
• 83 percent of Israelis have a positive opinion of the U.S.; 78 percent of South Koreans, 76 percent of Italians, 66 percent of Mexicans, 64 percent of Canadians, 51 percent of Russians and 16 percent of Egyptians agree.
• 90 percent of Israeli Jews, 82 percent of Nigerian Christians, 72 percent of Malaysian Buddhists and 66 percent of Lebanese Sunni also agree.
• 90 percent of Israelis consider the U.S. to be a “partner;” 88 percent of El Salvadorans, 84 percent of Senegalese, 81 percent of Filipinos, 72 percent of Germans and 63 percent of British agree.
• 76 percent of Palestinians consider the U.S. an “enemy;” 64 percent of Pakistanis, 49 percent of Turkish, 46 percent of Lebanese, 39 percent of Venezuelans and 22 percent of Greeks agree.
• 37 percent of Americans have a positive view of China; 81 percent of Pakistanis, 62 percent of Russians, 48 percent of Britons, 28 percent of Germans and 5 percent of Japanese agree.
Source: A Pew Global survey of approximately 38,000 people in 39 countries conducted March 4-April 21 and released Thursday; see this large, wide-ranging survey here: PewGlobal.org.
• Tip line always open at email@example.com.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- Inside the Beltway: A sampler of CPAC wisdom
- Historian: Valdimir Putin using Peter the Great tactics
- Christine O'Donnell eager to re-engage in political debate
- Inside the Beltway: CPAC spectacle and a cast of thousands
- Inside the Beltway: Romney renaissance under way
Latest Blog Entries
- A startling 20 percent of Democratic lawmakers already endorse Hillary Clinton for president
- Hey food police: calling obesity a 'disease' is actually a health risk
- Cheese and an 'enhanced experience': White House goes showbiz on the State of the Union address
- Cruz calls it a 'circus': the State of the Union spectacle begins
- Half of American fans say God and 'supernatural' forces are in play during sports events
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- CPAC 2014: Rand Paul urges conservatives to fight for liberty
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- EDITORIAL: Connecticut revolts against gun controls that could criminalize 300,000
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Protests in Russia against Putin's actions in Ukraine a shift in attitudes
- Russian lawmaker wants to outlaw U.S. dollar, calls it a Ponzi scheme
- Aronofsky's 'Noah' banned in Qatar, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates
- High schooler suing parents for money shot down by judge
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again