- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
- Foreign minister vows response if Russians are attacked in Ukraine
Kanaan going for 2nd Indy win in Grand-Am race
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) - Indianapolis 500 winner Tony Kanaan will try to pull off an unprecedented double next week _ winning races in two different series at Indianapolis.
Kanaan has been hired by Chip Ganassi’s Grand-Am race team and will team with Joey Hand to drive the No. 02 car Friday. It marks the first time since the Rolex 24 at Daytona that Ganassi will run the second car. Scott Pruett and Memo Rojas will drive the other car after winning at Daytona.
A handful of drivers have attempted to win races in different series, including previous Indy 500 champions Sam Hornish Jr. and Juan Pablo Montoya. But nobody achieved that feat.
Kanaan’s career at Indy was filled with heartbreak until two months ago when he finally drove to Victory Lane.
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- Georgia governor signs bill expanding gun rights
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Harry Reid using tax dollars to fight Koch brothers, La. GOP chair charges
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- Ukraine claims torture by pro-Russian forces on the heels of Biden's stern warning to Moscow
- Professor apologizes after blasting Republicans in class
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014