- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
2013-14 Washington Capitals schedule features opener at Cup champion Blackhawks
Question of the Day
Mon, Oct. 14 Edmonton 7 p.m.
Wed, Oct. 16 N.Y. Rangers 7:30 p.m.
Sat, Oct. 19 Columbus 7 p.m.
Tue, Oct. 22 at Winnipeg 8 p.m.
Thu, Oct. 24 at Edmonton 9:30 p.m.
Sat, Oct. 26 at Calgary 10 p.m.
Mon, Oct. 28 at Vancouver 10 p.m.
Fri, Nov. 1 at Philadelphia 7 p.m.
Sat, Nov. 2 Florida 7 p.m.
Tue, Nov. 5 N.Y. Islanders 7 p.m.
Thu, Nov. 7 Minnesota 7 p.m.
Sat, Nov. 9 at Phoenix 8 p.m.
Sun, Nov. 10 at Colorado 8 p.m.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Marc Lancaster is the sports editor at The Washington Times. He has covered Major League Baseball for the Tampa Tribune and the Cincinnati Post and served as an editor at FanHouse.com and SportsIllustrated.com. A University of Georgia graduate, he began his career as a sportswriter at the Athens (Ga.) Banner-Herald. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Most popular MLB player jerseys: Bryce Harper at career low
- John McCain: I'd drop Redskins nickname if I owned team
- USOC narrows field of cities for 2024 Olympics bid, without offering details
- Ian Darke: Talking to America's favorite soccer announcer
- Nationals pick up some bats on Day 2 of MLB draft
Latest Blog Entries
Senate majority leader practices politics of personal destruction
- Pentagon's self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: 'We cannot afford to wait on Congress' for immigration
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- Obama seeks brisk passage of border children funding bill
- Va. Democrat reportedly seeks nude shots of Kendall Jones
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: 'Get yourself some firearms'
- Bloomberg: Pro-gun towns must lack roads
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
- PRUDEN: 'Dirty Harry' Reids increasing eccentricity
- Google Glass-equipped rifles can fire around corners: It's 'mind-blowing when you actually do it'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs