- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: ‘Jesus Christ is a myth’
- Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cancels Kansas City show
- Josh Romney swipes Harry Reid with photo tweet of dad paying taxes — ‘your paycheck’
- Despite Obamacare problems, some Dems want Sebelius to run for Senate: report
- Angry New Yorkers shred gun registrations in deadline day protests
- Uninsured rate dropping faster in places that embraced pillars of Obamacare, survey shows
- Hawaii, D.C. give residents two more weeks to sign up under Obamacare
- Climate change causing fish to lose their minds, researchers say
- Great Britain tops World’s Most Sexist Nation list
- Aaron Hernandez investigated for threatening to kill prison guard
Bergeron: No surgery needed for various injuries
BOSTON (AP) - Bruins alternate captain Patrice Bergeron says he won’t need surgery for any of the injuries he suffered in the Stanley Cup final.
Bergeron tore rib cartilage, broke a rib on his left side and separated his right shoulder during Boston’s series that ended June 24 with the Chicago Blackhawks winning the championship in six games.
The star center also punctured his left lung and went to the hospital right after the game to have it treated. He stayed there until last Wednesday.
Bergeron says he expects to be ready for the start of training camp in about two months. He’s also confident he can agree to a contract extension with the team. His current three-year deal has one season left.
Bergeron had nine goals and 15 points this postseason, as the Bruins won the Eastern Conference for the second time in three years.
By returning to Christian roots, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- PHILLIPS: What did Harry Reid know and when did he know it?
- HURT: Wilson and Obama ... 100 years apart, but so alike
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- HHS nominee Sylvia Burwell entangled in MetLife lawsuit
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes