- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
Glenn Beck donates $50K to families of Ariz. firefighters
Question of the Day
Glenn Beck has announced that he will be donating $50,000 to the families of the 19 firefighters that died in Arizona on Sunday, The Blaze reported.
“Within 24 hours to 48 hours, they bring a $15,000 check as a gift [to each of the families],” he explained. “There’s no strings attached…and they hand that family a $15,000 check and say, ‘This is a gift just to get you through…so you can pay your bills and you can grieve.’”
The organization, comprised mainly of the families of first responders, told Mr. Broomhead they’ve never written so many checks in a year, not to mention a day.
Beck told Broomhead: “I’m going to write the 100 Club of Arizona, but I’d like you to present it. I’m going to write them a check for $50,000. And then I would encourage everyone to either go to MercuryOne.org and donate through Mercury One, or through the 100 Club of Arizona.”
“Help these families out,” he continued. “As well all know, firefighters do not make very much money. And we want to start with $50,000 and replenish some of their deficit to take care of them, to make sure that they are taking care of the people.”
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Jessica Chasmar is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- NYC council bans use of e-cigarettes indoors
- Katie Couric's syndicated talk show canceled
- Obama: 'The Duck Dynasty family seems like a pretty fun bunch'
- Balcony collapses at London's Apollo theatre during performance
- Multiple injuries as balcony collapses at London's Apollo theatre during performance
Latest Blog Entries
By Michael P. Orsi
Edward Snowden should declare his patriotism in court
- Citing 'unfair system,' Obama commutes sentences for 8 crack offenders
- Homeland Security helps smuggle illegal immigrant children into the U.S.
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- Bill Gates: The Secret Santa disguised as a 'friendly fellow' on Reddit
- Obamacare 'pajamas boy' gets roundly mocked
- Armed response, not restrictive gun laws, brought swift end to school shooting
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- U.S. Army mulls wiping out memory of Robert E. Lee, 'Stonewall' Jackson
- Sebelius adds another Obamacare exemption
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Southern Fried Politics from the Lens of a Persian-American Millennial
All of the world’s problems, solved on your back porch
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow