- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Prominent black leaders split on Trayvon verdict, calls for Florida boycott
Question of the Day
Mr. Rush countered that he has been “working relentlessly” on Chicago crime since he was elected and pointed out that the Congressional Black Caucus will be co-hosting a summit on urban violence Thursday and Friday at Chicago State University.
“I am astounded and ashamed by this violence, but this is also systemic of an overall problem,” Mr. Rush said.
Dr. Carson said it was important to examine the laws, verdict and outcome of the case to “make sure that everything has been done correctly,” but he discouraged civil rights leaders from adding fuel to a tense moment.
“We need to tone down this rhetoric,” said Dr. Carson. “Those of us in leadership positions need to be looking for things that we can take out of this that can be helpful, not trying to inflame the situation.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Valerie Richardson covers politics and the West from Denver. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- Colorado poll shows women tuning out Democrats' 'war on women' strategy
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- EPA hears testimony on proposed carbon emissions rules
- Westerners call for oversight to combat federal land managers
- Protesters rally in Colorado to support Israel's fight with Hamas
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- Islamic militants seize Benghazi as U.S. evacuates Libya
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world