- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: History to reveal what media won’t
President Obama seems to be asking us to forget that for five years, the unemployment rate has hovered at or above 7.5 percent, that real wages for American workers are in steep decline, that the national debt has grown to an unsustainable level of nearly $17 trillion, that during his term, economic growth has been negligible and that we are on the verge of another financial crisis and stock market collapse as the Federal Reserve attempts to unwind $3 trillion of debt bought from ourselves.
This not being enough, the president shows disdain for our concerns: how four Americans were murdered in Libya, why the Obama administration presented a false narrative of the Libya terrorist attack, who in the Internal Revenue Service directed the policies of harassment against conservative groups and why the incompetent attorney general maintains his position after lying to Congress regarding surveillance of journalists.
Maybe some are foolish enough to ask why our enlightened president wants us to forget his dismal economic performance and his administration’s rampant corruption. The answer is simple: He has identified the most important issues of our time. These are as follows:
Reduction in the number of American nuclear weapons: Apparently it matters not that unstable nations around the globe are developing nuclear arsenals. America is too strong and needs to eliminate its role as a super power.
Climate Change: The president wants us to believe that destruction of the U.S. energy industry will make the world a better place. He gives no mention that since 2006, the United States has reduced carbon emissions more than any other country, nor does he mention that current U.S. carbon emissions are now at 1992 levels. He claims to fight for the middle class but cares little that they will bear the burden of higher electricity and gas prices, as well as increased unemployment. This remains a war against fossil fuels, which in the end, will bolster the economies of China and India and weaken us.
Despite economic and foreign policy failures, a scandal-a-day administration and policies that result in a weaker America, the president remains the darling of the media. Unfortunately for the media and the president, history will reveal Mr. Obama as the most incompetent leader since Jimmy Carter and the most corrupt since Warren Harding.
Ponte Vedra Beach, Fla.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
Get Breaking Alerts
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Bundy support demonstrates voters' distrust
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obamacare disasters were avoidable
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Muhammad wouldn't condone Boston bombing
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: High heels: Hazardous to one's health?
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Marshall's comments hurt GOP, pro-lifers