- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: History to reveal what media won’t
President Obama seems to be asking us to forget that for five years, the unemployment rate has hovered at or above 7.5 percent, that real wages for American workers are in steep decline, that the national debt has grown to an unsustainable level of nearly $17 trillion, that during his term, economic growth has been negligible and that we are on the verge of another financial crisis and stock market collapse as the Federal Reserve attempts to unwind $3 trillion of debt bought from ourselves.
This not being enough, the president shows disdain for our concerns: how four Americans were murdered in Libya, why the Obama administration presented a false narrative of the Libya terrorist attack, who in the Internal Revenue Service directed the policies of harassment against conservative groups and why the incompetent attorney general maintains his position after lying to Congress regarding surveillance of journalists.
Maybe some are foolish enough to ask why our enlightened president wants us to forget his dismal economic performance and his administration’s rampant corruption. The answer is simple: He has identified the most important issues of our time. These are as follows:
Reduction in the number of American nuclear weapons: Apparently it matters not that unstable nations around the globe are developing nuclear arsenals. America is too strong and needs to eliminate its role as a super power.
Climate Change: The president wants us to believe that destruction of the U.S. energy industry will make the world a better place. He gives no mention that since 2006, the United States has reduced carbon emissions more than any other country, nor does he mention that current U.S. carbon emissions are now at 1992 levels. He claims to fight for the middle class but cares little that they will bear the burden of higher electricity and gas prices, as well as increased unemployment. This remains a war against fossil fuels, which in the end, will bolster the economies of China and India and weaken us.
Despite economic and foreign policy failures, a scandal-a-day administration and policies that result in a weaker America, the president remains the darling of the media. Unfortunately for the media and the president, history will reveal Mr. Obama as the most incompetent leader since Jimmy Carter and the most corrupt since Warren Harding.
Ponte Vedra Beach, Fla.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
Get Breaking Alerts
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- DELAY: A revolution for the Constitution
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- Otter attacks, kills alligator at Florida wildlife refuge
- Back to the Future: HUVr Tech marketing video goes viral with hoverboard release tease
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- R-S-P-E-C-T: Find out what it means for Obama
- BRUCE: Obama's bizarre immigration rules
- PRUDEN: Likening Putin to Hitler on Ukraine shows Hillary's shaky grasp of history
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Turkey not committed to Cyprus peace
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Spoiled-kid culture creates greedy adults
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama's flawed Mideast 'peace' plan
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Foreign policy would distract Obama from social hour
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Hit Putin where it hurts over Ukraine