- Vice News reporter kidnapped in Ukraine is freed after being beaten, blindfolded: report
- FCC’s new ‘net neutrality’ proposal sparks outrage among consumer advocates
- Families of ferry’s lost confront South Korean officials
- 2-week truce for Sriracha hot sauce maker, California city
- NYC’s de Blasio seeks to ban wood-burning fireplaces
- Residents angry Obama mispronounced town’s name during mudslide visit
- Israel halts peace talks with Palestinians
- Netanyahu’s driver accused of raping girls under age 12
- Putin calls Internet ‘CIA project’ that must be controlled
- Muslims offended that 9/11 museum movie speaks of jihad
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: History to reveal what media won’t
President Obama seems to be asking us to forget that for five years, the unemployment rate has hovered at or above 7.5 percent, that real wages for American workers are in steep decline, that the national debt has grown to an unsustainable level of nearly $17 trillion, that during his term, economic growth has been negligible and that we are on the verge of another financial crisis and stock market collapse as the Federal Reserve attempts to unwind $3 trillion of debt bought from ourselves.
This not being enough, the president shows disdain for our concerns: how four Americans were murdered in Libya, why the Obama administration presented a false narrative of the Libya terrorist attack, who in the Internal Revenue Service directed the policies of harassment against conservative groups and why the incompetent attorney general maintains his position after lying to Congress regarding surveillance of journalists.
Maybe some are foolish enough to ask why our enlightened president wants us to forget his dismal economic performance and his administration’s rampant corruption. The answer is simple: He has identified the most important issues of our time. These are as follows:
Reduction in the number of American nuclear weapons: Apparently it matters not that unstable nations around the globe are developing nuclear arsenals. America is too strong and needs to eliminate its role as a super power.
Climate Change: The president wants us to believe that destruction of the U.S. energy industry will make the world a better place. He gives no mention that since 2006, the United States has reduced carbon emissions more than any other country, nor does he mention that current U.S. carbon emissions are now at 1992 levels. He claims to fight for the middle class but cares little that they will bear the burden of higher electricity and gas prices, as well as increased unemployment. This remains a war against fossil fuels, which in the end, will bolster the economies of China and India and weaken us.
Despite economic and foreign policy failures, a scandal-a-day administration and policies that result in a weaker America, the president remains the darling of the media. Unfortunately for the media and the president, history will reveal Mr. Obama as the most incompetent leader since Jimmy Carter and the most corrupt since Warren Harding.
Ponte Vedra Beach, Fla.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
Get Breaking Alerts
- In its hunt for Senate, Republican candidates campaign against Harry Reid
- Obamacare class-action suit opens a new legal front
- List Hillary Clinton's successes? State Dept. spokeswoman flubs answer
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- 'Conservatives' should feel exposed by Bundy's racist comments: Scarborough
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China, prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Sold out: Ukraine's leadership swapped best military weapons for cash