- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Tea party branches likely to clash in Kentucky Sen. Mitch McConnell’s re-election bid
Question of the Day
Jane Aitken of the New Hampshire Tea Party Coalition has long held that national groups such as Tea Party Express, Tea Party Nation and Tea Party Patriots do not deserve the tea party mantle after libertarians, disillusioned with both parties, started the grass-roots movement in 2007.
She said the national groups are nothing more than Republican PACs founded by GOP consultants, and that tea partyers should be wary of donating money to these national groups.
“These are people who all picked up on the name and are making money from it, and are making endorsements of people that the local tea partys do not support,” Mrs. Aitken said.
Mr. Hofstra had a similar take. “My impression is that these national tea party groups, they are lobbying groups based in D.C.,” he said. “They have tea party in their name — sometimes they support tea party values, and sometimes they don’t.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- Chris Christie sidesteps Bridgegate, again tops Republican presidential field
- Democrats may win at fundraising but still lose to GOP at polls
- Impeachment talks revving up Democratic base: DCCC
- Boehner says impeachment talk is Democratic fundraising ploy
- Achin' for Akin: Democrats praying for GOP Gaffes in midterms
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Donald Lambro
The president writes off jobless Americans who have given up
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Army's 3-D printed bombs to create 'a whole new universe' of lethal capabilities
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Bill Clinton audio surfaces from Sept. 10, 2001: 'I could have killed' Osama bin Laden
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Colorado poll shows women tuning out Democrats' 'war on women' strategy
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world