- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
Heeeere’s Johnny! ‘Tonight Show’ highlights available online for first time
NEW YORK - Heeeere’s Johnny on iTunes!
For the first time, content from “The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson” is available for digital download.
Starting Tuesday, two volumes of material from the King of Late Night can be purchased from the iTunes store.
A second volume ($19.99) features 16 “Tonight” episodes with some of Carson’s favorite guests, including Don Rickles, Jay Leno, Steve Martin, Jerry Seinfeld, Betty White, David Letterman and Ellen DeGeneres in one of her first TV appearances.
In addition, a selection of 50 “Tonight”-derived alert tones (with such signature catchphrases as “Here’s Johnny!,” “Hi-yo!” and “We’ll be right back”) will be available for 99 cents each.
This online release follows the digitization of 4,500 hours of “Tonight” hosted by Carson during his 30-year run on NBC.
“I have a pretty good sense of where the nuggets can be found,” he said. “We go back and try to find things that are representative of what the show was and that are still entertaining.”
And there’s plenty more to come.
His dream: to put every show online for instant download. It’s an achievable goal, he said, though a slew of legal clearances remain before it can happen.
“We just want to see how much demand there is for these first releases,” he said.
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- BRUCE: Obama's bizarre immigration rules
- IRS to turn over Lerner emails in tea party targeting probe
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- DELAY: A revolution for the Constitution
- PRUDEN: Likening Putin to Hitler on Ukraine shows Hillary's shaky grasp of history
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again