- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
Heeeere’s Johnny! ‘Tonight Show’ highlights available online for first time
NEW YORK - Heeeere’s Johnny on iTunes!
For the first time, content from “The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson” is available for digital download.
Starting Tuesday, two volumes of material from the King of Late Night can be purchased from the iTunes store.
A compilation edition (priced at $14.99) includes highlights from the 1960s through Carson’s emotional farewell show and his memorable next-to-last show with guest Bette Midler, which aired in 1992.
A second volume ($19.99) features 16 “Tonight” episodes with some of Carson’s favorite guests, including Don Rickles, Jay Leno, Steve Martin, Jerry Seinfeld, Betty White, David Letterman and Ellen DeGeneres in one of her first TV appearances.
In addition, a selection of 50 “Tonight”-derived alert tones (with such signature catchphrases as “Here’s Johnny!,” “Hi-yo!” and “We’ll be right back”) will be available for 99 cents each.
This online release follows the digitization of 4,500 hours of “Tonight” hosted by Carson during his 30-year run on NBC.
“I have a pretty good sense of where the nuggets can be found,” he said. “We go back and try to find things that are representative of what the show was and that are still entertaining.”
And there’s plenty more to come.
His dream: to put every show online for instant download. It’s an achievable goal, he said, though a slew of legal clearances remain before it can happen.
“We just want to see how much demand there is for these first releases,” he said.
TWT Video Picks
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- FISHER: Shades of Berlin in the South China Sea
- HURT: Wilson and Obama ... 100 years apart, but so alike
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- U.S. military on high alert as Ukraine troops trade gunfire with pro-Russian militants
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.