- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
- Foreign minister vows response if Russians are attacked in Ukraine
- Robert Griffin III to drive pace car before Richmond NASCAR race
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
- Bomb, shooting in Egypt kills 2 police officers
- Tenn. woman receives two-year sentence for stealing $364K meant for homeless veterans
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Campaign trail to nowhere
“For now, Obama sidesteps Detroit bankruptcy” (Web, July 21) describes behavior that has become typical of someone known to try to escape the problems in Washington by hitting the road with another attempt at conning the masses.
I am somewhat alarmed at the audacity of President Obama’s statement concerning the trumping up of “phony scandals.” Either he is out of touch with reality, or he sincerely thinks the scandals concerning Benghazi, The Associated Press, the Internal Revenue Service and the Fast and Furious operation are to be neatly tucked away for another administration to address. Mr. Obama needs to face responsibility instead of asking everyone else to do so. Instead, though, he hopes he can tread water long enough to let all his problems disappear — and that’s what he will do in 2017 if God is gracious.
Not only does this “campaign trail” lead nowhere, it shifts the focus from where it should be to a place it will never be, and that is to a revitalized economy on the watch of Mr. Obama.
It is too bad that the average citizen is unable to speak his mind to the president. Instead, Mr. Obama is surrounded by those told what to say and when to say it while the cameras are rolling. How typical of someone lost without a script.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
Get Breaking Alerts
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- Georgia governor signs bill expanding gun rights
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Professor apologizes after blasting Republicans in class
- Justice Dept.'s new clemency guidelines: Crack offenders most obvious candidates
- Ukraine claims torture by pro-Russian forces on the heels of Biden's stern warning to Moscow
- Ministry of Truth: SCOTUS skeptical of law to police campaign 'lies'