- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
- U.S. chemical sites vulnerable despite millions spent on security: Congress
- Driverless cars to hit the British streets by 2015
- GOP presses to scrap IRS commissioner position — but put in panel
- New bill would make sure women in military can get free birth control
- Trafficking bust reveals worries over missing kids; minors as young as 11 found
- Catholic League slams Obama: ‘Do Christian lives mean so little to you?’
- National laboratory cancels ‘Southern Accent Reduction’ classes after outcry
- U.S. woman with Ebola is stable, improving, son says
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Campaign trail to nowhere
Question of the Day
“For now, Obama sidesteps Detroit bankruptcy” (Web, July 21) describes behavior that has become typical of someone known to try to escape the problems in Washington by hitting the road with another attempt at conning the masses.
I am somewhat alarmed at the audacity of President Obama’s statement concerning the trumping up of “phony scandals.” Either he is out of touch with reality, or he sincerely thinks the scandals concerning Benghazi, The Associated Press, the Internal Revenue Service and the Fast and Furious operation are to be neatly tucked away for another administration to address. Mr. Obama needs to face responsibility instead of asking everyone else to do so. Instead, though, he hopes he can tread water long enough to let all his problems disappear — and that’s what he will do in 2017 if God is gracious.
Not only does this “campaign trail” lead nowhere, it shifts the focus from where it should be to a place it will never be, and that is to a revitalized economy on the watch of Mr. Obama.
It is too bad that the average citizen is unable to speak his mind to the president. Instead, Mr. Obama is surrounded by those told what to say and when to say it while the cameras are rolling. How typical of someone lost without a script.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Get Breaking Alerts
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- National laboratory cancels 'Southern Accent Reduction' classes after outcry
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case