- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Campaign trail to nowhere
“For now, Obama sidesteps Detroit bankruptcy” (Web, July 21) describes behavior that has become typical of someone known to try to escape the problems in Washington by hitting the road with another attempt at conning the masses.
I am somewhat alarmed at the audacity of President Obama’s statement concerning the trumping up of “phony scandals.” Either he is out of touch with reality, or he sincerely thinks the scandals concerning Benghazi, The Associated Press, the Internal Revenue Service and the Fast and Furious operation are to be neatly tucked away for another administration to address. Mr. Obama needs to face responsibility instead of asking everyone else to do so. Instead, though, he hopes he can tread water long enough to let all his problems disappear — and that’s what he will do in 2017 if God is gracious.
Not only does this “campaign trail” lead nowhere, it shifts the focus from where it should be to a place it will never be, and that is to a revitalized economy on the watch of Mr. Obama.
It is too bad that the average citizen is unable to speak his mind to the president. Instead, Mr. Obama is surrounded by those told what to say and when to say it while the cameras are rolling. How typical of someone lost without a script.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
Get Breaking Alerts
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- FISHER: Shades of Berlin in the South China Sea
- HURT: Wilson and Obama ... 100 years apart, but so alike
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- U.S. military on high alert as Ukraine troops trade gunfire with pro-Russian militants
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Bundy support demonstrates voters' distrust
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obamacare disasters were avoidable
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Muhammad wouldn't condone Boston bombing
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: High heels: Hazardous to one's health?
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Marshall's comments hurt GOP, pro-lifers