- Congressman: McAuliffe victory means gun control a winning message
- Clinton aide admits soliciting disgraced D.C. fundraiser; says actions were legal
- Joel Osteen church victimized in $600K theft
- Obama goes shopping at Gap as minimum-wage thanks
- N.J. woman charged after client dies from black-market butt injections
- CIA chief Brennan ‘determined’ to speak out more this year
- Reset? What reset? U.S.-Russia ties at worst since Cold War
- 9/11 terror recruiter released in Syrian prisoner swap
- D.C. elections board gives green light to marijuana legalization initiative
- Elephants can tell difference between human languages: study
Dodgers place OF Kemp on DL
TORONTO (AP) - After a brief stint of being healthy, Matt Kemp is heading back to the disabled list for the third time this season.
Out of the lineup for 11 games with a sore left shoulder, Kemp came off the DL before Sunday’s 9-2 win over the Washington Nationals. He went 3 for 4 with a home run, but limped off the field after sliding into home plate on a force play in the ninth inning and has not played since.
“Matt knew once it didn’t go anywhere for him that we had to do this,” he said.
Kemp missed 24 games in May and June with a sore right hamstring. A two-time All-Star, two-time Gold Glove winner and two-time Silver Slugger, he’s batting .263 with five homers and 27 RBIs in 62 games.
The Dodgers were in last place and 12 games under .500 on June 21. Since then they’re a major league-best 22-5 and now sit first in the NL West.
“It’s never easy to have to take that guy out of your lineup,” Mattingly said. “We’ve been without him for a while and we’ve been OK. We feel like we’re better with him.”
Lilly is 0-2 with a 5.09 ERA in five starts this season, but has missed the past 42 games with a sore neck. He was also sidelined for 19 games in March and April while recovering from shoulder surgery, and later missed 17 games in April and May with a right ribcage strain.
An America drowning in red ink is the land of the free no more
- David Jolly wins in Florida, GOP keeps swing district seat
- House Democrats trying to force unemployment insurance vote
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Redskins bypass big splash - for now - as free agency period begins
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- FCC targets black conservative in TV station fight
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS after months of talks
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again