- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
- ISTOOK: IRS “wants to throw us in jail,” says tea party leader
- Easter woes: Chocolate costs soar, becoming ‘unaffordable’ luxury
- Michaels craft chain confirms hackers hit 3M customers
- Special Forces’ suicide rates hit record levels — casualties of ‘hard combat’
- Many Americans would quickly face financial hardship after losing job, poll shows
Dodgers place OF Kemp on DL
TORONTO (AP) - After a brief stint of being healthy, Matt Kemp is heading back to the disabled list for the third time this season.
Out of the lineup for 11 games with a sore left shoulder, Kemp came off the DL before Sunday’s 9-2 win over the Washington Nationals. He went 3 for 4 with a home run, but limped off the field after sliding into home plate on a force play in the ninth inning and has not played since.
“Matt knew once it didn’t go anywhere for him that we had to do this,” he said.
Kemp missed 24 games in May and June with a sore right hamstring. A two-time All-Star, two-time Gold Glove winner and two-time Silver Slugger, he’s batting .263 with five homers and 27 RBIs in 62 games.
The Dodgers were in last place and 12 games under .500 on June 21. Since then they’re a major league-best 22-5 and now sit first in the NL West.
“It’s never easy to have to take that guy out of your lineup,” Mattingly said. “We’ve been without him for a while and we’ve been OK. We feel like we’re better with him.”
Lilly is 0-2 with a 5.09 ERA in five starts this season, but has missed the past 42 games with a sore neck. He was also sidelined for 19 games in March and April while recovering from shoulder surgery, and later missed 17 games in April and May with a right ribcage strain.
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- Immigration still on hold: Boehner's office
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- PRUDEN: When a bored president just 'mails it in'
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- BRUCE: Obama deliberately emboldening America's enemies
- Joe Biden's biggest gaffe: VP blowing his 2016 head start
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.