- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
- U.S. chemical sites vulnerable despite millions spent on security: Congress
- Driverless cars to hit the British streets by 2015
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Don’t look behind the curtain
Question of the Day
After hearing the president’s shameful remarks about how “Trayvon Martin could have been me 35 years ago,” I couldn’t help but notice what he didn’t say: that 35 years ago he also could have been any one of the hundreds of young black men killed every year by gang and drug violence (“Obama’s race speech,” Comment & Analysis, Tuesday).
President Obama also didn’t seem to realize that nearly 52 years ago he also could have been any one of the millions of innocent victims killed by the abortion industry every year. Where is his concern for those lives lost? It should be obvious to everyone by now that Mr. Obama looks for issues he can use to fire up his base as a distraction so he can try push through his radical agenda.
As in “The Wizard of Oz,” don’t look behind the curtain. It’s sad that our president has become a panderer in chief.
King George, Va.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Get Breaking Alerts
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- HURT: Impeaching Obama is a losing strategy for the GOP
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- Senate overcomes first filibuster of Obama's border-spending bill
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'