- Big milestone for Britain’s little Prince George who turns 1
- Murphy: Israel must be wary of Hamas using civilian deaths for recruitment
- Royce: Putin recruiting ‘every skinhead and malcontent around Russia’
- Nancy Pelosi is adamant: Congress worked together when Bush was president
- ‘Slender Man’ stabbing victim receives Purple Heart from anonymous veteran
- Kentucky city called socialist for buying gas station, undercutting competitor fuel prices
- Israel hits five mosques, sports complex in overnight Gaza strikes
- Hillary Clinton dogged for refusing reporters’ questions on book tour
- EPA tweet baffles: ‘I’m now a C-List celebrity in Kim Kardashian: Hollywood’ iPhone game
- Australian P.M. Abbott: MH17 evidence tampered with on ‘industrial scale’
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Don’t look behind the curtain
Question of the Day
After hearing the president’s shameful remarks about how “Trayvon Martin could have been me 35 years ago,” I couldn’t help but notice what he didn’t say: that 35 years ago he also could have been any one of the hundreds of young black men killed every year by gang and drug violence (“Obama’s race speech,” Comment & Analysis, Tuesday).
President Obama also didn’t seem to realize that nearly 52 years ago he also could have been any one of the millions of innocent victims killed by the abortion industry every year. Where is his concern for those lives lost? It should be obvious to everyone by now that Mr. Obama looks for issues he can use to fire up his base as a distraction so he can try push through his radical agenda.
As in “The Wizard of Oz,” don’t look behind the curtain. It’s sad that our president has become a panderer in chief.
King George, Va.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
Get Breaking Alerts
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- Hillary Clinton dogged for refusing reporters' questions on book tour
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- Rep. Jared Polis' anti-fracking crusade riles Colorado
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
- U.S. scrambles as violence escalates in Israel-Hamas conflict
- Edward Snowden to work with Russia on anti-spy technology