- Michigan man among first in U.S. to get ‘bionic eye’
- JetBlue pilots vote to unionize; 2 previous attempts failed
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with ‘full-time’ robots
- Navy’s military dolphins may meet Putin’s porpoises in Black Sea
- Forget the Porsche — it’s the guy with the Prius that attracts the ladies, poll shows
- Fired Russian Facebook CEO says site has fallen in the hands of pro-Putin supporters
- Sen. Boozman of Arkansas has emergency heart surgery
- Brazil embraces drones to save the Amazon rain forest
- Teen stowaway shows holes in vast airport security
- Supreme Court to decide if passports can say ‘Jerusalem, Israel’
John Wall, Wizards reportedly near $80 million deal
Yahoo.com and ESPN.com reported the sides are close to an agreement, with ESPN.com saying it should be finalized by next week. Wall has been in Las Vegas this week for a USA Basketball camp along with Washington backcourt mate Bradley Beal.
Wall’s rookie deal is set to expire next July 1, and he would be a restricted free agent at that point if no extension is reached by Oct. 31.
Wall averaged 18.5 points and 7.6 assists last season after returning from a knee injury. His return gave the entire team a boost and he and Beal became a formidable duo.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, renegade
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- IRS revokes conservative group's tax-exempt status over anti-Clinton statements: report
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- ORTEL: Putin sees opportunities as Obama turns away
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Supreme Court upholds Michigan affirmative action ban
- Michelle Obama: Obama family Sundays are more for napping than church
- Bonuses given to IRS employes who owed back taxes
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.