- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Racing stars raise money for St. Jude
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) - Some auto racing heavyweights gathered at Target Chip Ganassi Racing’s headquarters Wednesday night to raise money for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
The inaugural St. Jude Culinary 500 was hosted by actress Ashley Judd and raised more than $200,000.
Indianapolis 500 winner Tony Kanaan, Juan Pablo Montoya, Scott Dixon, Jamie McMurray, Scott Pruett, Memo Rojas and Joey Hand were in attendance.
The evening centered on Target Chip Ganassi team manager Barry Wanser, whose son died in 2011 after battling acute myeloid leukemia. Michael Wanser was 6.
Wanser wiped his eyes as he and wife Laurie told Michael’s story that took the family from the Peyton Manning Children’s hospital, to the Riley Hospital for Children then to St. Jude in Memphis. A bone marrow transplant failed to save Michael’s life.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.