- Michael Bloomberg thumbs FAA ban, plots course to Israel
- California bans full-contact football practices in off-season
- Thune: Downed fighter jets show more evidence of separatist capabilities
- Obama tells DNC fundraising crowd: ‘I’m not overly partisan’
- Chambliss: Downed jet ultimately goes back to Putin
- Perdue strategy: Run against Reid, Obama, Pelosi
- White House: More changes to contraception mandate coming
- ‘Operation Normandy’ set to send 3,500 volunteers to border to ‘stop an invasion’
- Netanyahu’s spokesman: Safe to fly to Israel
- Oregon vandals smear cars with doughnuts, pastries, chocolate bars
Rep. Jerrold Nadler: Fellow N.Y. Democrat Anthony Weiner ‘needs serious psychiatric help’
Question of the Day
“I think he should withdraw; I think he needs serious psychiatric help,” Mr. Nadler said at a press conference Wednesday. “He should take care of his own problems and let New York figure its policies and its mayor.”
“I mean, to have done it again after what we went through in the resignation, he has shown himself to be a serial liar. You can’t believe him, and he’s also shown monumentally bad judgment,” Mr. Nadler said. “How can you trust his judgment as a mayor?”
News broke earlier this week that Mr. Weiner disguised himself online under the pseudonym “Carlos Danger” to communicate with a 22-year-old woman last year.
With his wife, Huma Abedin, by his side, Mr. Weiner announced Tuesday that he plans on sticking in the race.
“I said that other texts and photos were likely to come out, and today they have,” the Big Apple mayoral hopeful said in a statement.
Mr. Weiner admitted that some of the exchanges occurred as late as last August, more than a year after he resigned from Congress amid previous sexting scandals.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Jessica Chasmar is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- Detroit water shutoffs are racially motivated, lawsuit claims
- Sarah Palin blames Sammy Hagar for lead foot
- Tony Dungy doubles down on Michael Sam remarks: 'Drafting him would bring much distraction'
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- Brooklyn Bridge surrenders: White flags replace Old Glory atop icon
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Retailer pays a price for getting too close to Obama
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- Two Ukrainian fighter jets shot down
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- HURT: The cost of 'free' water in Detroit
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- DEACE: How to go from civil rights icon to bigot in one quote
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq