- Atheists’ Easter taunt to Christians: ‘Jesus is a myth’
- Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cancels Kansas City show
- Josh Romney swipes Harry Reid with photo tweet of dad paying taxes — ‘your paycheck’
- Despite Obamacare problems, some Dems want Sebelius to run for Senate: report
- Angry New Yorkers shred gun registrations in deadline day protests
- Uninsured rate dropping faster in places that embraced pillars of Obamacare, survey shows
- Hawaii, D.C. give residents two more weeks to sign up under Obamacare
- Climate change causing fish to lose their minds, researchers say
- Great Britain tops World’s Most Sexist Nation list
- Aaron Hernandez investigated for threatening to kill prison guard
‘God help New York’ if Anthony Weiner is mayor: Sydney Leathers’ mother
Anthony Weiner's new online mistress has been identified as 23-year-old Sydney Leathers, and her mother is no fan of the New York City mayoral candidate.
"I have nothing to say except God help New York if he gets to be mayor. You can print that," Laura Leathers told the New York Daily News at her home in Allendale, Ill.
Her daughter reached out to the embattled Democrat on Facebook soon after he resigned from Congress in June 2011, and the two started an online sexual relationship that lasted until at least January of this year.
A former friend of Miss Leathers' told the Daily News that Sydney told her last summer she was texting Mr. Weiner.
"I go, 'Really? THE Anthony Weiner, Mr. Penis Guy?" the 26-year-old woman recalled asking. "I said, 'Doesn't he have a wife?' She said, 'Oh yeah.' She just kind of brushed it off like it was nothing."
"She knew exactly what she was doing when she put herself into that," the woman added.
Several former high school classmates told the Daily News they weren't surprised to see Miss Leathers in the news.
"Her main goal is to become famous," said one, who asked not to be named.
Another said, "She will take any opportunity to make the attention hers," the Daily News reported.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Jessica Chasmar is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Donald Rumsfeld has 'no idea' if he paid taxes correctly
- Facebook working toward mobile payments system
- Stoned mom avoids jail after driving 12 miles with baby on roof
- Booze and bullets? Oklahoma gun range seeks liquor license
- Suspected Islamic gunmen kidnap 100 girls from Nigeria secondary school: reports
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By returning to Christian roots, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- PHILLIPS: What did Harry Reid know and when did he know it?
- HURT: Wilson and Obama ... 100 years apart, but so alike
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- HHS nominee Sylvia Burwell entangled in MetLife lawsuit
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes