- Arkansas voter ID law struck down by state judge
- FDA proposes ban on e-cigarette sales to minors
- Bad omen? Italian man crushed to death by John Paul II crucifix
- Company stopped from accepting abortion waste
- Girl surprises Michelle Obama with unemployed dad’s resume
- ‘Harry Potter’ religion class seeks to enlighten students on ‘God, sin, and theodicy’
- ‘Optionally piloted’ Black Hawk helicopter clears tests; future missions to go ‘fully unmanned’
- Vice News reporter kidnapped in Ukraine is freed after being beaten, blindfolded
- FCC’s new ‘net neutrality’ proposal sparks outrage among consumer advocates
- Families of ferry’s lost confront South Korean officials
MVP Cabrera sits out 3rd straight game
CHICAGO (AP) - Reigning American League MVP Miguel Cabrera is not in Detroit's lineup for the third straight game Thursday against the Chicago White Sox.
The Tigers third baseman who was baseball's first Triple Crown winner in 45 years last season left Monday's game in the bottom of the fifth inning with a left hip flexor injury. Detroit manager Jim Leyland gave no update Thursday on Cabrera's condition other than to say he's not playing.
Cabrera is hitting a major league-best .358 with 31 home runs and 96 RBIs.
Don Kelly is playing third for Detroit and batting seventh.
Without Cabrera in the lineup, Detroit has won two in a row over the White Sox and scored 12 runs.
By Tammy Bruce
Only IRS employees could expect rewards for failing to pay their taxes
- Holder cancels appearance in OKC amid angry protests
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- In its hunt for Senate, Republican candidates campaign against Harry Reid
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Obamacare class-action suit opens a new legal front
- Sold out: Ukraine's leadership swapped best military weapons for cash
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- Gun control supporters send message to NRA
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- Nevada rancher's racial remarks cost him range of support
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014