- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Griner up for WNBA adding dunk contest
Question of the Day
Eastern Conference coach Lin Dunn was there when the ABL’s contest. She’d be all for adding it to the weekend.
“It was amazing,” she said. “I vividly remember the fan reaction and how excited people were. It’s something that we should poll the fans about. We ask them to vote for the starters, why not ask if they want to see a dunk contest. This weekend is about showcasing the best we have and entertaining the fans.”
A dunk contest and 3-point shootout would be easy to add to All-Star festivities. The two teams had open practices Friday afternoon and the two competitions could easily be held afterward.
“It would be a pretty cool thing,” Fowles said. “A lot more women who can get above the rim that’s pretty cool to see.”
Follow Doug on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/dougfeinberg
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- McCLAUGHRY: Finish off the "Islamic State" quickly and cheaply
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world