- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
Rodgers says he was ‘lied to’ by Braun
Not surprisingly, the current Packers had the quarterback’s back.
“It is what it is,” receiver Randall Cobb said about Jennings’ remarks. “Aaron is a great leader. He puts us in some great situations on and off the field. He makes it easier for us to have someone to look up to for support and leadership.”
Rodgers had one of the best offseasons of his nine-year career, according to coach Mike McCarthy.
“He’s in good shape. He’s ready to go. He really understands his role as far as the leader and one of the veteran leaders on our football team,” McCarthy said. “I think Aaron’s off to a great start coming off a very good offseason.”
As for practice itself, McCarthy liked what he saw. It’s just the first day, so he and the coaching staff plan to take a closer look at tape for a better evaluation.
The tempo has picked up a little from previous years, in part because music is being played on loudspeakers during what are being called “TV timeouts.” It’s designed to give players a breather and, in part, to mimic the routines during games. Rodgers‘ favorite tune in the rotation? Darius Rucker’s version of “Wagon Wheel.”
Follow Genaro Armas at http://twitter.com/GArmasAP
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Washington Redskins' 2014 schedule opens with Texans
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Georgia governor signs bill expanding gun rights
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014