- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Weiner should bow out of N.Y. mayor’s race
The Weiners are in the newspaper, at microphones, on TV, etc., saying their problems are “between us” and “we want privacy” (“Anthony Weiner’s wife forgives a la Hillary Clinton, political strategist says,” Web, July 24). A person who is seeking work at the level of mayor of New York City needs to have higher-functioning behavior, which includes knowing that, if he wants privacy, he should drop out of the race immediately.
Doing so could have helped keep the ongoing problem private (with the counsel of a very good psychologist). Mr. Weiner and his wife, Huma Abedin, sounded selfish when she said that staying in the race is the best decision for their son, for Mr. Weiner and for her. No mention was made of the constituents or any other private citizens confronted with the Weiners’ personal problems, Mr. Weiner’s apologies to his wife, excuses for repeats of poor mental behavior or the warnings that there might be more of it. All I have to say to Mr. and Mrs. Weiner is goodbye.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Get Breaking Alerts
- CPAC 2014: Rand Paul urges conservatives to fight for liberty
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Two liberals say Sarah Palin is right: Obama lacks substance
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Time for feckless president to show resolve
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama reserves 'Chicago way' for GOP
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Public education would wither in free market
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Turkey not committed to Cyprus peace
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Spoiled-kid culture creates greedy adults