- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
Grosjean fastest in 3rd practice for Hungarian GP
BUDAPEST, HUNGARY (AP) - Lotus driver Romain Grosjean was fastest in the third and final practice session for the Hungarian Grand Prix ahead of qualifying later Saturday.
The Frenchman has found form again recently, finishing third at the German GP three weeks ago to end a streak in which he failed to place inside the top 15 for four Formula One races. Grosjean was third quickest in Friday’s second practice run.
In searing heat on the Hungaroring track, Grosjean clocked a lap time of 1 minute, 20.730 seconds. That was .168 ahead of Ferrari driver Fernando Alonso and .322 in front of Sergio Perez of McLaren. Perez crashed into the barriers near the end but was unhurt.
Three-time F1 defending champion and current leader Sebastian Vettel of Red Bull was fourth.
By Joy Overbeck
Redemption by government is futile
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Obama taunts GOP, takes nationally televised victory lap on Obamacare
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Chavez seizes Cargill factory
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.