- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
Hunter Mahan proud father after leaving tourney lead for daughter’s birth
Hunter Mahan has made the happy jump from tournament leader to proud father.
He announced the birth of his daughter Sunday, a day after he withdrew from the Canadian Open while in front after his wife went into labor.
He tweeted: "What a whirlwind of a day." He says Zoe Olivia Mahan was born at 3:26 a.m. in Texas.
Mahan was leading the tournament in Oakville, Ontario, after two rounds Saturday. He flew home to Dallas when his wife went into labor a month before her due date.
He says in another tweet his wife and daughter are "doing great." He thanked his sponsors for appreciating "what's important in life" and saluted his fans for "being Awesome!"
Mahan would have been on the course at Glen Abbey Golf Club for the third round when his wife began having labor pains, but his tee time was delayed 80 minutes by a thunderstorm.
By Brahma Chellaney
Beijing's creeping aggression signals a challenge to U.S. presence in the Asian Pacific
- CURL: Obama tells a whopper on IRS scandal
- Tech companies call for an end to NSA online snooping
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- WOLF: The president's other Obamacare lies
- Lawmakers see 'false narrative' of Obama as a terrorist fighter
- Ted Cruz sees legal landmines ahead for Obamacare
- MSNBC host: Obamacare a 'wealthy white men' racist word
- MILLER: Brady Campaign says Colorado recalls due to NRA, not grassroots opposition to gun control
- Mike Shanahan says he'd like to return; RG3 might be benched
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
The world impacts us. What happens in our towns, cities, states, country and on this planet makes a difference to us.
Happiness is attainable. Morning to night. I love to teach, deal with folks that have an issue and really wish to tackle it and write.
Brazen, leading-edge, “call it like it is” columns and reporting from Ohio native, radio host and writer, Sara Marie Brenner.
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow