- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
Johnson’s drive for 5 ends with bad pit stop
Johnson and Knaus are the longest active crew chief and driver pairing in NASCAR and have shown no signs of letting up. Johnson still has four victories and holds a 75-point lead over Clint Bowyer for first in the standings.
With a fifth win at the Brickyard, Johnson would have made history.
Johnson and Hendrick Motorsports teammate Jeff Gordon have each won four times at Indianapolis. A.J Foyt, Rick Mears and Al Unser won four Indianapolis 500s. Johnson tried to join Michael Schumacher as a five-time winner at the track. Schumacher won his five F1 races on Indy’s road course configuration.
Johnson won in 2006, 2008, 2009 and 2012 at the Brickyard. He’ll have to wait another year in his drive for five.
The wait will only seem as long as his pit stop.
“Being four time isn’t all that bad,” Johnson said. “I can leave with a smile on my face. We’ll try and come back next year, do it again.”
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China; prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Brain surgery victim struggles with Obamacare: 'It's scary'
- Protesters, police clash in Philippines ahead of Obama visit
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014