- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
Ravens TE Pitta undergoes surgery, status unclear
OWINGS MILLS, MD. (AP) - Baltimore Ravens tight end Dennis Pitta could miss the entire season after having surgery on his fractured and dislocated hip.
The operation took place late Saturday, according to a team official.
Pitta's status for the 2013 season remains unclear. Coach John Harbaugh was expected to address the situation late Sunday afternoon following practice.
The injury occurred Saturday during the third day of training camp, when Pitta collided with safety James Ihedigbo in the back of the end zone vying for a pass from Joe Flacco.
Pitta was one of the key figures of the Ravens' offense during their run to a Super Bowl championship last season. He was expected to take on a bigger role this year after Baltimore traded top wide receiver Anquan Boldin during the spring.
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Washington Redskins' 2014 schedule opens with Texans
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Georgia governor signs bill expanding gun rights
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014