- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Ravens TE Pitta undergoes surgery, status unclear
OWINGS MILLS, MD. (AP) - Baltimore Ravens tight end Dennis Pitta could miss the entire season after having surgery on his fractured and dislocated hip.
The operation took place late Saturday, according to a team official.
Pitta's status for the 2013 season remains unclear. Coach John Harbaugh was expected to address the situation late Sunday afternoon following practice.
The injury occurred Saturday during the third day of training camp, when Pitta collided with safety James Ihedigbo in the back of the end zone vying for a pass from Joe Flacco.
Pitta was one of the key figures of the Ravens' offense during their run to a Super Bowl championship last season. He was expected to take on a bigger role this year after Baltimore traded top wide receiver Anquan Boldin during the spring.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.