- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Backward priorities
Once again I see that President Obama hasn’t got a clue when it comes to leading this country or representing the American people. His latest comment regarding the National Security Agency secret-document leaker Edward Snowden comes while he is spending the taxpayers’ money on his supposedly official trip to Africa. He came out in public last week and stated that he is not going to call the Chinese or Russian presidents in regard to capturing Mr. Snowden because he “shouldn’t have to” (“Obama on Snowden: ‘I’m not going to be scrambling jets to get a 29-year-old hacker,’” Web, June 27).
Be that as it may, he apparently deemed a minor incident in Cambridge, Mass., in 2009, in which a friend of his was arrested, important enough to publicly chastise a police officer who was just doing his job. And when Mr. Obama held the infamous “beer summit” at the White House to make nice, that was important. When he called Sandra Fluke to commend her on her fight for contraceptives for women, that was important as well.
When it came to the armed New Black Panther Party members intimidating voters outside a voting station, however, he said nothing. When it came to the Fast and Furious gunrunning operation that got a border officer killed, he again said nothing. Instead, he shielded Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr.
The president’s priorities at crucial points in his administration, from the Benghazi attack on our diplomatic post in Libya to the Internal Revenue Service attack on American citizens, have always proved backward. It should be obvious to all that Mr. Obama has an agenda that strips away the rights and protections of the American people and undermines our way of life. If we were in a war, I would say he is working for the other side.
GREGORY J. TOPLIFF
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
Get Breaking Alerts
- FCC targets black conservative in TV station fight
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- CARNES: Kissinger's flawed and offensive analysis of Ukraine
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Atheists sue to remove 'Ground Zero Cross' from 9/11 museum
- George Zimmerman signs autographs at Orlando gun show
- EDITORIAL: Senate Democrats’ pointless all-night global warming talkathon
- EDITORIAL: Enforce the Law Act aims to hold Obama accountable
- EDITORIAL: Relief from 'homeowners association nightmares'
- EDITORIAL: Lawyers encouraging pursuit of jackpot justice
- EDITORIAL: As jobs vanish, Obama wants more of same