- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation in South Korea
- Militants kill 14 Algerian soldiers in ambush
- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Backward priorities
Once again I see that President Obama hasn’t got a clue when it comes to leading this country or representing the American people. His latest comment regarding the National Security Agency secret-document leaker Edward Snowden comes while he is spending the taxpayers’ money on his supposedly official trip to Africa. He came out in public last week and stated that he is not going to call the Chinese or Russian presidents in regard to capturing Mr. Snowden because he “shouldn’t have to” (“Obama on Snowden: ‘I’m not going to be scrambling jets to get a 29-year-old hacker,’” Web, June 27).
Be that as it may, he apparently deemed a minor incident in Cambridge, Mass., in 2009, in which a friend of his was arrested, important enough to publicly chastise a police officer who was just doing his job. And when Mr. Obama held the infamous “beer summit” at the White House to make nice, that was important. When he called Sandra Fluke to commend her on her fight for contraceptives for women, that was important as well.
When it came to the armed New Black Panther Party members intimidating voters outside a voting station, however, he said nothing. When it came to the Fast and Furious gunrunning operation that got a border officer killed, he again said nothing. Instead, he shielded Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr.
The president’s priorities at crucial points in his administration, from the Benghazi attack on our diplomatic post in Libya to the Internal Revenue Service attack on American citizens, have always proved backward. It should be obvious to all that Mr. Obama has an agenda that strips away the rights and protections of the American people and undermines our way of life. If we were in a war, I would say he is working for the other side.
GREGORY J. TOPLIFF
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
Get Breaking Alerts
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- CHARLES: Holder's undermining of the law deserving of contempt
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- 'Deport Bieber' petition draws no comment from White House
- Critics rail against liberal bias for commencement speakers