- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Georgetown to open season at U.S. Army base in South Korea
Question of the Day
Georgetown will tip off its 2013-14 basketball season against Oregon at a U.S. Army base in Pyeongtaek, South Korea on Nov. 8.
The Hoyas and Ducks will meet at Camp Humphreys, located about 45 miles south of Seoul, according to an ESPN.com report. ESPN helped arrange the game as part of its Armed Forces Classic series, which last year featured Michigan State and Connecticut playing in a hangar at Ramstein Air Base in Germany.
According to the network, the last regular-season college basketball game played in Asia was a Virginia-Houston matchup in 1982 in Tokyo.
The game will make for quite a travel schedule for the Hoyas, who are scheduled to participate in a tournament in Puerto Rico 10 days later.
“It will be a privilege to perform in front of the men and women who serve and protect our country,” Georgetown coach John Thompson III said in a statement to ESPN. “The game is important but above and beyond the competition, it will be an unparalleled learning experience for everyone in our program.”
The Hoyas played Florida on the aircraft carrier USS Bataan in Jacksonville, Fla., last November, but the game had to be called at halftime due to moisture on the court.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- House backs faster deportations, cancels 'Dreamer' policy
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors