- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
- U.S. chemical sites vulnerable despite millions spent on security: Congress
- Driverless cars to hit the British streets by 2015
- GOP presses to scrap IRS commissioner position — but put in panel
- New bill would make sure women in military can get free birth control
- Trafficking bust reveals worries over missing kids; minors as young as 11 found
- Catholic League slams Obama: ‘Do Christian lives mean so little to you?’
- National laboratory cancels ‘Southern Accent Reduction’ classes after outcry
- U.S. woman with Ebola is stable, improving, son says
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: After 9/11, no such thing as too patriotic
Question of the Day
I find it disgusting that the creative director of the National September 11 Memorial & Museum thought the picture of firefighters raising the U.S. flag at ground zero was too patriotic to be included in the display (“U.S. flag photo nearly cut from 9/11 museum, deemed too patriotic, book says,” Web, July 29).
Let me tell him and others about Sept. 11, 2011. Americans came together during that atrocity, and yes, Americans were very patriotic then. Why do we need to hide the fact that most people in America are still proud of their country, unlike those who hate their own nation? We patriots can’t change how we feel about America, and we should put up pictures that reflect the feelings of the firefighters, police, first responders and courageous citizens who helped on that terrible day.
Americans are patriotic. We can’t stop this, nor should we stop our traditions. Those pictures were taken on Sept. 11, 2001, so they should be put up in the museum.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Get Breaking Alerts
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- National laboratory cancels 'Southern Accent Reduction' classes after outcry
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case