- Ukraine will compete in Sochi Paralympics despite Crimea conflict
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
Denzel Washington: Actor is returning to Broadway
NEW YORK (AP) — Denzel Washington is returning to Broadway — but he won’t be singing.
Standing with his wife, Pauletta Pearson, on the red carpet Monday at the premiere his new movie, “2 Guns,” the Oscar- and Tony-winning actor said he’s set to appear in a revival of Lorraine Hansberry’s “A Raisin in the Sun.”
“We start previews in March,” he said.
Washington then explained his motivation for returning to the stage.
“I’m trying to keep up with my wife. My wife has been doing a lot more theater than me,” he said as Pearson smiled.
As they walked away, the 58-year-old actor continued: “I can sing. I can sing … in the shower.”
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- DELAY: A revolution for the Constitution
- PRUDEN: Likening Putin to Hitler on Ukraine shows Hillary's shaky grasp of history
- BRUCE: Obama's bizarre immigration rules
- IRS to turn over Lerner emails in tea party targeting probe
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- R-S-P-E-C-T: Find out what it means for Obama
- Golden Hammer: Feds spend millions to train executives train in luxury
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again