- House Democrats trying to force unemployment insurance vote
- Sen. Claire McCaskill to tackle sex assault at college next
- Judge’s order preserves NSA surveillance records
- Refurbished Pollock masterpiece goes on display
- Iditarod becomes mad dash for Nome
- ‘Burger King baby’ now seeks birth mom on Facebook
- Study: 2 percent of Americans have new hips, knees
- Friend: Pistorius shot gun out car without warning
- States wrestle with developing, restricting drones
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
George Zimmerman spotted packing heat in Texas
George Zimmerman, who was acquitted a couple weeks ago in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin, was stopped by police for speeding and revealed to the officer that he had a gun in his glove compartment.
Mr. Zimmerman was speeding in Forney, Texas, Sunday afternoon, when he was stopped by police for about 5 minutes, TMZ reported. The 29-year-old told cops he was headed "nowhere in particular," and informed them he had a firearm in his glove compartment.
Mr. Zimmerman was sent off with only a warning, and cops told him to "have a safe trip," they told TMZ.
Mr. Martin's death and the trial that followed sparked nationwide protests rooted in racial tension, and Mr. Zimmerman's family has been victim to an onslaught of death threats as a result. Law enforcement told TMZ that the newly freed man was not wearing a disguise in attempts to conceal his identity for those who would like to do him harm.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Jessica Chasmar is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for 'outside' cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to 'man up' in horse carriage fight
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS after months of talks
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- Michigan man posts Facebook photo of gun he used to rob bank: report
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
- FCC targets black conservative in TV station fight
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- President Obama goes 'Between Two Ferns' to pitch Obamacare
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- EDITORIAL: Senate Democrats pointless all-night global warming talkathon
- CPAC 2014: Despite Ben Carson's speech, gay marriage mostly took a back seat at CPAC
- CARNES: Kissinger's flawed and offensive analysis of Ukraine
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Hard-fought congressional election in Florida is seen as a bellwether
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again