- Argentina beats Dutch in shootout to reach World Cup final
- Tanard Jackson suspended indefinitely by NFL — again
- FAA investigating fireworks drone flights
- Pentagon: We’ll give Obama a drone strike with al-Baghdadi’s name on it
- Marine in Mexican custody to get day in court after 101 days
- Senate OKs San Antonio mayor as housing secretary
- NFL star likely fooled by Marine impostor who accepted first-class plane ticket
- Sen. Ted Cruz tweets Obama directions from fundraisers to border towns
- Israel hits key Hamas targets in Gaza offensive
- Ten-year sentence for New Orleans’ Nagin on graft charges
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Say no to McAuliffe as governor
Question of the Day
Does Virginia need another do-nothing, know-nothing carpetbagger putting his nose into the business of the residents of the commonwealth ("First Va. gubernatorial debate gets sharp and personal between Cuccinelli, McAuliffe," Web, July 20)? Terry McAuliffe's presence in the Virginia gubernatorial race shows the desperation of the Obama administration.
The only reason I can see for his presence is his proven history of failed businesses, association with some of the worst political names in the country and a talent for exaggerating the trivial. Mr. McAuliffe's resume mimics that of the current resident of the White House, except for the fact that we know far more about Mr. McAuliffe than we will ever know of President Obama until 2016.
My ancestors came to Virginia in the 1740s. They helped forge a new country, suffered through war and survived to thrive through love and devotion to Virginia. I do not want our history sullied by a candidate of so little substance as Mr. McAuliffe.
If Mr. McAuliffe does not feel confident enough to put his resume up for examination in his own state, why should any real Virginian give a thought to allowing him to be governor?
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Banning speech with a constitutional amendment is playing with fire
Get Breaking Alerts
- GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress
- White House plans for bowling alley upgrades abruptly cancelled
- ISTOOK: Flying illegals home would be 99.5 percent cheaper than Obamas plan
- Obama requests $3.7 billion to fight surge of illegals
- Power grab: EPA wants to garnish wages of polluters
- Costco to re-stock Dinesh D'Souza's 'America' after public outry
- Illegal immigrants showing up at border with 'Yes we can' Obama shoes: report
- CARSON: Health savings accounts far better than Obamacare
- Facebook allows 'Kill Kendall Jones' page, but deletes her game hunting photos
- Dinesh D'Souza book yanked from Costco shelves