- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to ‘fight for national sovereignty’
- Coburn calls hiring of embattled background check firm ‘troubling’
- World Cup: It’s raining men in Brazil as women samba with visitors
- Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl captured in photo smiling with Taliban jihadist
- Germany demands ouster of U.S. spy chief
- GOP senators knock EPA power grab
- ‘Game of Thrones’ earns a leading 19 Emmy nods
- Ann Coulter: Chris McDaniel should concede, live to fight another day
- Chelsea Clinton nabs $75K in speaking fees — same as Dick Cheney
- ‘Year of action’ not over: Obama has worked around Congress more than 40 times
Briscoe set to skip IndyCar qualifying
Question of the Day
LONG POND, PA. (AP) - Ryan Briscoe is set to skip IndyCar Series qualifying Saturday to race in an American Le Mans Series race at Lime Rock.
Briscoe will not make a qualifying attempt for Sunday’s IndyCar race at Pocono Raceway. He did participate in Thursday’s test at Pocono.
Briscoe will make his fourth IndyCar start in the No. 4 Chevrolet.
After Thursday’s test, he left for Lime Rock Park in Lakeville, Conn., and will drive in Saturday’s Northeast Grand Prix.
“Last week, we spent our time working on our race prep and we worked hard on trying to find something that will get us through the field during the race on Sunday,” Briscoe said. “Pocono’s a big track and it’s a long 400-mile race, so we feel plenty confident, even having to start in the back. I know the National Guard crew will work hard, and with all the track time we’ll have on Thursday, we can get to the front.”
He’s used to pulling double-duty. The 31-year-old Briscoe captured a P2 class victory in the 12 Hours of Sebring before returning to IndyCars with Ganassi Racing for the Indianapolis 500 in May.
By Ted Cruz
Banning speech with a constitutional amendment is playing with fire
- GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress
- White House plans for bowling alley upgrades abruptly canceled
- IRS employee suspended for pro-Obama activities
- ISTOOK: Flying illegals home would be 99.5 percent cheaper than Obamas plan
- HUSAR: Mexicos Pena Nieto passes the immigration bucket
- Islamic militants aim to take Baghdad airport
- Harry Reid lambasted by black conservatives after calling Justice Thomas white
- EDITORIAL: Whats Obama hiding at illegal-alien 'refugee' camps?
- Jesse Jackson hits Obama for putting immigrant children first
- CRUZ: 'Fahrenheit 451' Democrats
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs
U.S.-Ghana World Cup opener