- Obama downplays IRS scandal, blames Obamacare rollout on ‘outdated’ agencies
- Pregnancies decline overall, up among older women
- Pentagon plans to destroy Syrian chemical arms on ship at sea
- Paris Metro issues ‘politeness manual’ to improve passengers’ behavior
- Justin Bieber, crew detained at Australian airport in drug search
- Lee Rigby trial: Muslim who machete-hacked soldier calls it ‘humane’ kill
- GM ending Chevy sales in Europe to focus on Opel and Vauxhall
- Putin’s diplomats to U.S. busted for living high life off $1.5M bilked from Medicaid
- Happy Meal: Couple goes to McDonald’s, leaves with bag packed with cash
- Boehner: It took me 3 to 4 hours to sign up for Obamacare
McAuliffe’s climate activist and FOIA
Terry McAuliffe, the Democratic candidate for Virginia governor, will kick off Science Week with Michael Mann. Of all the climate scientists to drag into the politics of global warming and climate change, one could hardly do worse than Mr. Mann.
Mr. Mann is the real denier in the global-warming controversy. He is denying the taxpayers who funded his "work" at the University of Virginia (UVa.) from seeing that "work." To add insult to injury, UVa. has spent hundreds of thousands of taxpayer dollars fighting Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests for release of the taxpayer-funded "global-warming research" activities of Mr. Mann and his associates at the university. The malfeasance of the UVa. administration in keeping the public, which paid for this Mann activity, from seeing this "work" is unconscionable.
What is Mr. Mann hiding? Isn't sharing and debating research fundamentally at the very heart of the scientific method? This clearly is not his personal intellectual property. Why is he continuing the "Climategate" cover-up? The Roanoke Times editorially declared that the FOIA laws and processes should be followed and the material made public. We're waiting for every news reporter at every McAuliffe-Mann event to ask: "Why are you hiding your activities at a public college that the taxpayers funded?"
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
Why such hatred toward America's freedom of religion?
Get Breaking Alerts
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality: liberal group
- Inside China: Nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S.
- Obama: Nelson Mandela now 'belongs to the ages'
- NAPOLITANO: Pope Francis should be saving souls, not pocketbooks
- Russian diplomats busted bilking $1.5 million from Medicaid
- Nelson Mandela, South Africa's first black president, dies at age 95
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Hack attack: 2 million Facebook, Twitter passwords stolen
- Activists encourage Obama to circumvent Congress, use more executive authority
- Democratic infighting erupts over 'we can have it all' fantasy on entitlements