- Prosecutors seek arrest warrant for ferry captain in South Korea
- Ann Coulter takes up ‘Mitt Romney for President’ chant again
- Mount Everest avalanche kills a dozen Sherpa guides
- Vice principal saved from South Korean sinking ferry found hanged
- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
McAuliffe’s climate activist and FOIA
Terry McAuliffe, the Democratic candidate for Virginia governor, will kick off Science Week with Michael Mann. Of all the climate scientists to drag into the politics of global warming and climate change, one could hardly do worse than Mr. Mann.
Mr. Mann is the real denier in the global-warming controversy. He is denying the taxpayers who funded his "work" at the University of Virginia (UVa.) from seeing that "work." To add insult to injury, UVa. has spent hundreds of thousands of taxpayer dollars fighting Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests for release of the taxpayer-funded "global-warming research" activities of Mr. Mann and his associates at the university. The malfeasance of the UVa. administration in keeping the public, which paid for this Mann activity, from seeing this "work" is unconscionable.
What is Mr. Mann hiding? Isn't sharing and debating research fundamentally at the very heart of the scientific method? This clearly is not his personal intellectual property. Why is he continuing the "Climategate" cover-up? The Roanoke Times editorially declared that the FOIA laws and processes should be followed and the material made public. We're waiting for every news reporter at every McAuliffe-Mann event to ask: "Why are you hiding your activities at a public college that the taxpayers funded?"
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
Team Obama's bizarre behavior helps Gitmo terrorists foil justice
Get Breaking Alerts
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- CBO shows it's Paul Ryan 4, Obama 0 on budget targeting
- PRUDEN: When a bored president just 'mails it in'
- Joe Biden's biggest gaffe: VP blowing his 2016 head start
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- With pot and e-cigarettes, Big Tobacco is just waiting to inhale emerging markets
- Golden Hammer: Easter candy bitter taste for taxpayers?
- Obama taunts GOP, takes nationally televised victory lap on Obamacare
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Probe Boston teen's medical, custody case
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Bundy support a modern-day Tiananmen protest
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: An honorable president would resign
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Bundy support demonstrates voters' distrust
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obamacare disasters were avoidable