- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
- Hillary: ‘dead broke’ comment was ‘inartful,’ but insists it was ‘accurate’
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- Appeals court upholds Obamacare tax as constitutional
- As fighting in Gaza rages on, Kerry battles hapless bumbler perception
- New Englander Scott Brown turns his gaze to the U.S. border crisis
- Toronto’s Rob Ford takes rehabbed self to kids’ playground for political props
KUHNER: America, ‘home of the gay’
Lady Gaga personifies the nihilism that denies human nature
Question of the Day
The homosexual movement is transforming America. A great cultural change has taken place. The homosexual lifestyle — once considered a moral abomination — is today not only accepted, but celebrated. The results are obvious and pernicious: The creation of a militant secular America bent on eradicating our Judeo-Christian heritage. It marks the final frontier of liberalism — a war on religion and, ultimately, human nature itself.
Recently, pop star Lady Gaga sang the national anthem at a Gay Pride event in New York City. Holding a rainbow flag, she blurted out: "O say does that star-spangled flag of pride yet wave," and then substituted "land of the free, and the home of the gay." She did more than defame the national anthem, insulting everyone who has ever fought or died for our country. Her words embodied America's new MTV morality. The Stars and Stripes are out; the rainbow flag's sexual permissiveness is in.
It is not only Lady Gaga. Our popular culture is inundated with the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender agenda. Hollywood, television, academia, public schools, the arts, professional sports, many mainline churches, the media and the Democratic Party — all peddle the supposed virtues of "tolerance," "diversity" and homosexual "marriage."
Even "Sesame Street" is about to get in on the act. The latest cover on The New Yorker magazine depicts Bert and Ernie cuddling together on the couch. The puppets are watching members of the Supreme Court strike down the Defense of Marriage Act, thereby granting federal benefits to homosexual couples. The implication is clear: It's time for Bert and Ernie to come out of the closet, and reveal their long-standing homosexual love affair. Leave aside that puppets aren't real people. Hence, they can't have sex. Why should 5-year-olds be confronted with such disturbing issues such as homosexuality, same-sex marriage and sodomy, which are grossly inappropriate for their age?
The reason is simple: The goal of secular progressives is to indoctrinate the youth. This is why public schools — even at the elementary level — are pushing the homosexual agenda. Same-sex "marriage" is not — and never has been — about expanding the benefits of marital unions. Most homosexuals, especially young males, are not interested in getting married. They are aggressively promiscuous. For many, a stable, monogamous relationship is the last thing on their minds. Rather, the purpose of same-sex marriage is to legitimate homosexual behavior, thereby making it morally acceptable and part of the social mainstream. In short, it's about fostering a cultural revolution — one that overturns Judeo-Christian civilization.
This is the real meaning of the Supreme Court's recent decisions regarding homosexual rights. Much of the reaction has focused on the high court's reversal of the Defense of Marriage Act. Yet the more ominous ruling was on Proposition 8, in which California voters supported a ballot initiative defining marriage as between a man and a woman. A Supreme Court majority upheld a federal court's decision to nullify the state's ban on same-sex marriage. In other words, several judges in black robes — a judicial oligarchy — were able to overturn the expressed will of California voters. Judicial imperialism trumped democracy. Our ruling elites have made it clear that elections will not stand in the way of the sexual revolution.
Homosexual "marriage" is a contradiction. The central purpose of marriage is procreation — creating, raising and socializing children. It is how one generation perpetuates itself to the next. Homosexuality — by its very nature — is barren. It is unable to produce the one thing needed for a social order to survive: offspring. Almost every major religion, civilization and culture going back thousands of years has defined marriage as a sacred union between a man and a woman. Men and women are essentially different — biologically, emotionally and physically. They complement each other, and it is this unique complementarity that is necessary for the proper upbringing and nurturing of children. This is why the traditional family has been considered the basic unit of society. The great moral crisis of our age is the breakdown of the family.
The homosexual agenda is cultural Marxism masquerading as "progress." Its goal is to redefine the family into an appendage of the homosexual movement, seeking to transform men and women into interchangeable parts. Children don't need two daddies or two mommies. They need a father and a mother. Same-sex marriage is not just wrong. It goes against nature, morality and God. That's why — like every other attempt at social engineering — it is doomed to fail. The cultural wreckage, however, will be immense. America is sliding toward Sodom and Gomorrah.
Jeffrey T. Kuhner is a radio commentator on WRKO AM-680 in Boston.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
TWT Video Picks
Get Breaking Alerts
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- GOP Senate candidate: Obama needs to visit Central America
- Hillary Clinton: I was indeed 'dead broke,' but shouldn't have said so
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Appeals court upholds Obamacare tax as constitutional
- Rush Limbaugh: 'There is no journalism anymore'
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake