- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
- New evidence could threaten Army sex assault case
- George Zimmerman signs autographs at Orlando gun show
- GOP lawmaker faces fire for NBA crime tweet
- Taliban vow to ‘use all force’ to disrupt Afghan elections
- Atheists sue to remove ‘Ground Zero Cross’ from 9/11 museum
- Bishop in Aleppo: ‘We Christians live in fear in Syria’
Dillon on pole for Nationwide race at Daytona
Dillon turned the fastest lap in qualifying Friday, averaging 178.934 mph around the 2 1/2-mile track.
It’s his ninth pole in 60 Nationwide races and first at NASCAR’s most famous track.
Travis Pastrana qualified second, followed by Dillon’s younger brother, Ty Dillon, Brian Scott and Sam Hornish Jr. Sprint Cup regulars Kurt Busch, Joey Logano, Kyle Busch and Matt Kenseth will start seventh, 14th, 15th and 19th, respectively.
Rookie Kyle Larson, whose car sailed into the grandstands on the final lap of the Nationwide season opener in February and injured nearly 30 spectators, qualified 13th in his return to Daytona.
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- CURL: Today's GOP really is Reagan's 'Big Tent' party
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: 'We are going to crush them'
- Charges filed against accused 'shadow campaign' financier
- SAUERBREY: Taxing Marylanders until they flee
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Atheists sue to remove 'Ground Zero Cross' from 9/11 museum
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- As Crimea falls, Obama takes Key Largo golf vacation, Biden hits Virgin Islands
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again