- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
- Detroit porch shooting trial: Suspect says he didn’t know gun was loaded
- U.S. Navy admiral ‘receptive’ to giving Chinese counterpart a tour of carrier
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Putin’s modus operandi: Keeping what’s not his
Question of the Day
So Russia’s rootin’ tootin’ president, Vladimir Putin, refuses to return NSA leaker Edward Snowden to the United States so the computer analyst can stand trial for federal secrets violations (“Putin: Snowden must stop leaking secrets to stay,” Web, July 1). This is nothing new.
On a previous occasion, New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft showed this KGB goon his diamond-encrusted Super Bowl ring. Mr. Putin walked away without returning it and now refuses to give that item back, as well. Is there a pattern here?
The diminutive, five-foot-seven-inch Russian president seems to have a penchant for regularly scripting diplomatic embarrassment.
In the free world, he would just be a garden-variety bully with a few old-guard sycophants to falsely attest to his amateur profligacy. In Russia, however, he’s what everybody’s stuck with. Where is Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev? Or does he not matter at all?
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
Get Breaking Alerts
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- Conservative groups decry Democrats' 'war on women' tactic
- House panel OKs resolution to sue president for Obamacare delays
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Astronaut shares 'saddest photo' from space: Bombs bursting over Israel, Gaza
- EDITORIAL: Obamacare enrollees faking for freebies