- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford flubs daylight saving time advice: ‘Turn your clocks back’
- Americans don’t support sending U.S. troops to Ukraine
- Florida lawmakers move to wipe corrupt ‘Boss Hogg’ town from map
- N.C. math whiz to unveil secret of March Madness picks
- An appealing offer: Chiquita merges with Fyffes to make world’s largest banana firm
- Amnesty International says Syria guilty of war crimes for food blockade
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: ‘We are going to crush them’
- Adam Lanza’s dad: He would’ve killed me ‘in a heartbeat’
- North Korea holds election: 100% turnout, Kim Jong-un gets — 100% of vote
- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
CURL: You have been chosen to fix the Republican Party!
And final question, one for the ladies (woo!): “Do you believe our Party makes an effort to address issues of concern to women?” “Makes an effort”? How about “addresses the concerns of women?”
Sorry, Reince, but No. 1017.10163365 tossed your survey in the trash. Where it belonged.
Days later, though, I got another letter — chosen again! “SPECIAL NOTICE: You have been selected to represent voters in Virginia’s 5th Congressional District.” Sweet. “In your estimation, have the job-creation policies funded by the Obama administration in the past four years been successful or have they been excessively costly and wasteful boondoggles?”
Headed to the trash can again, I see one last question — and realize, this is the only question that should be on the survey, followed by an enormous blank space in which to expound. It’s 23 words: “Do you think that as a political party, Republicans need to assess their strategies and tactics to help turn out every voter possible?”
But I’d add 10 more words: “Please explain — Seriously, please! We haven’t a clue! Tell us!!!”
⦁ Joseph Curl covered the White House and politics for a decade for The Washington Times and is now editor of the Drudge Report. He can be reached at email@example.com and on Twitter @josephcurl.
About the Author
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- Russia besieges Crimea as U.S. seeks diplomacy; Putin remains undeterred by Obama's sanctions
- Investigators puzzle: How does a 777 jetliner just disappear into thin air?
- As Crimea falls, Obama takes Key Largo golf vacation, Biden hits Virgin Islands
- CURL: Today's GOP really is Reagan's 'Big Tent' party
- SAUERBREY: Taxing Marylanders until they flee
- Adam Lanza's dad: He would've killed me 'in a heartbeat'
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: 'We are going to crush them'
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again