- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Former British Prime Minister Tony Blair: Egypt’s army had no choice
Question of the Day
LONDON (AP) — Mideast envoy Tony Blair has defended the Egyptian army's ouster of President Mohammed Morsi, saying the alternative would have been chaos.
Calling himself a "strong supporter of democracy," Blair, a former British prime minister, said democracy is not a substitute for decision-making or a guarantee of effective government.
Acknowledging that millions of protesters on the streets are "not the same" as an election, he called the protests an "awesome manifestation of power" and show of "free democratic spirit."
In a column published Sunday in the Observer newspaper, Mr. Blair said the military had been confronted with the choice of intervention or chaos and insisted it is in the international community's best interest to engage with Egypt's new government.
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- ON THE RUN: Competition for Redskins backup running back is heating up
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors