- DOJ reaches largest-ever federal government settlement over auto loan discrimination
- U.S. Navy to start giving gay couples marriage benefits in Japan
- Sen. Harry Reid goes to hospital as a precaution
- Fla.’s Trey Radel exits rehab, ‘excited’ to resume congressional role
- U.S. nuclear general boozed it up, chased ‘hot women’ in Russia: report
- 45 Calif. students at one school test positive for tuberculosis exposure
- Rob Ford on women: Give them cash ‘and they are happy’
- Ku Klux Klan group holds recruitment meeting in Maryland
- Airport assassination: Mayor, 3 others killed at Manila airport
- Tea party-type lawmakers take mysterious, off-books trip to Mideast
Florida teen fights off ten-foot-long alligator after it bites his head
Question of the Day
A 17-year-old male is recovering from bites to the head after he fought off an alligator nearly 10 feet long at a central Florida park.
Andrew Hudson of Winter Springs was swimming with friends Monday at a swimming hole in the Little Big Econ State Forest.
“He kicked and started punching the gator. That’s what he told me [happened] when he was under the water,” O’Shea told the station.
“He went under and started freaking out, and I saw him come halfway up to the shore, he continued. “He had blood from the top of his head all the way down and I told him to take his shorts off, put them on top of his head to stop the bleeding.”
Doctors treated several puncture wounds on Mr. Hudson’s head with staples and stitches, officials said.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Jessica Chasmar is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- NYC council bans use of e-cigarettes indoors
- Katie Couric's syndicated talk show canceled
- Obama: 'The Duck Dynasty family seems like a pretty fun bunch'
- Balcony collapses at London's Apollo theatre during performance
- Multiple injuries as balcony collapses at London's Apollo theatre during performance
Latest Blog Entries
By John McAfee
- Breaking Fad: Alligators becoming the new pit bulls for drug dealers, cops say
- D.C. to tout Obamacare among youth waiting for Air Jordans
- Huge backlash mounts over suspension of 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson
- TARGET credit card theft swells to 40 million victims
- Special ops vets slam military benefit cuts
- Obama: 2014 will be 'breakthrough year' for U.S.
- Dems use new filibuster rules to approve DHS nominee Alejandro Mayorkas under investigation
- Obamacare 'pajamas boy' gets roundly mocked
- Citing 'unfair system,' Obama commutes sentences for 8 crack offenders
- Homeland Security helps smuggle illegal immigrant children into the U.S.
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow