- House and Senate negotiators reach two-year budget deal
- Congress seeks ban on in-flight calls
- Michelle Malkin’s Twitchy site sold to owners of Townhall, HotAir: report
- GM’s Barra to be first woman to run top American carmaker
- China: Poisonous smog is a military asset, if you think about it
- Texas woman admits to sending ricin to Obama
- Ron Paul on son Rand: ‘I think he probably will’ run for president
- Cold War heats up again in the Arctic: Russian airfield reactivated after 20 years
- 6-year-old boy suspended for sexual harassment over kiss
- Voters deciding Mass. congressional contest
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Support unborn-baby protection measure
House and Senate Democrats' worries that the autonomy of a woman's body is being threatened if the Pain-Capable Unborn Baby Protection Act is passed are unfounded ("Rubio weighs sponsorship of bill to end abortions after 20 weeks," Web, July 3).
Women will always have control over their own bodies, but we also have to acknowledge the scientific fact that a separate, unique life exists within the womb when a woman is pregnant. We know this to be true from DNA, sonograms and the bodies of aborted babies. Only one person comes out of an abortion alive; the other person has no voice, no choice and no rights.
Rep. Trent Franks, Arizona Republican, and the House Republicans are to be commended for passing a bill that affirms the sanctity of life and offers it some protections. A multitude of pro-life women across America celebrate the victory and hope to see Sen. Marco Rubio, Florida Republican, bring the bill up before the Senate.
In life, the precious core does not appear and is known only by our Creator. Talents bring admiration to man, while grace goes unrecognized. I am thankful to those House Republicans for showing the grace and the fidelity needed to follow the narrow path to what is right, rather the wide road to what is popular.
My hope for the Democrats is that they focus less on perpetuating the culture of death and more on the state of their immortal souls.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
By Donald Lambro
Growth spikes are little more than trend-free anomalies
Get Breaking Alerts
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- Harry Reid's visa pressure cooker
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- CARSON: Why did the founders give us the Second Amendment?
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Raul Castro at Nelson Mandela's funeral
- Somber duty: U.S. presidents in hot demand at Mandela's memorial
- Israeli P.M. Benjamin Netanyahu backs out of Nelson Mandela funeral
- Obama's antics at Nelson Mandela tribute: Jovial conversation, handshake with Raul Castro
- American bourbon now better than Scottish whiskey: U.K.-born expert