- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Support unborn-baby protection measure
House and Senate Democrats' worries that the autonomy of a woman's body is being threatened if the Pain-Capable Unborn Baby Protection Act is passed are unfounded ("Rubio weighs sponsorship of bill to end abortions after 20 weeks," Web, July 3).
Women will always have control over their own bodies, but we also have to acknowledge the scientific fact that a separate, unique life exists within the womb when a woman is pregnant. We know this to be true from DNA, sonograms and the bodies of aborted babies. Only one person comes out of an abortion alive; the other person has no voice, no choice and no rights.
Rep. Trent Franks, Arizona Republican, and the House Republicans are to be commended for passing a bill that affirms the sanctity of life and offers it some protections. A multitude of pro-life women across America celebrate the victory and hope to see Sen. Marco Rubio, Florida Republican, bring the bill up before the Senate.
In life, the precious core does not appear and is known only by our Creator. Talents bring admiration to man, while grace goes unrecognized. I am thankful to those House Republicans for showing the grace and the fidelity needed to follow the narrow path to what is right, rather the wide road to what is popular.
My hope for the Democrats is that they focus less on perpetuating the culture of death and more on the state of their immortal souls.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
Get Breaking Alerts
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- FISHER: Shades of Berlin in the South China Sea
- HURT: Wilson and Obama ... 100 years apart, but so alike
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- U.S. military on high alert as Ukraine troops trade gunfire with pro-Russian militants
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Bundy support demonstrates voters' distrust
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obamacare disasters were avoidable
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Muhammad wouldn't condone Boston bombing
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: High heels: Hazardous to one's health?
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Marshall's comments hurt GOP, pro-lifers