- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Support unborn-baby protection measure
House and Senate Democrats' worries that the autonomy of a woman's body is being threatened if the Pain-Capable Unborn Baby Protection Act is passed are unfounded ("Rubio weighs sponsorship of bill to end abortions after 20 weeks," Web, July 3).
Women will always have control over their own bodies, but we also have to acknowledge the scientific fact that a separate, unique life exists within the womb when a woman is pregnant. We know this to be true from DNA, sonograms and the bodies of aborted babies. Only one person comes out of an abortion alive; the other person has no voice, no choice and no rights.
Rep. Trent Franks, Arizona Republican, and the House Republicans are to be commended for passing a bill that affirms the sanctity of life and offers it some protections. A multitude of pro-life women across America celebrate the victory and hope to see Sen. Marco Rubio, Florida Republican, bring the bill up before the Senate.
In life, the precious core does not appear and is known only by our Creator. Talents bring admiration to man, while grace goes unrecognized. I am thankful to those House Republicans for showing the grace and the fidelity needed to follow the narrow path to what is right, rather the wide road to what is popular.
My hope for the Democrats is that they focus less on perpetuating the culture of death and more on the state of their immortal souls.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Get Breaking Alerts
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Vietnam says it may have found door of missing Malaysian jet as intel look into stolen passports
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- CARSON: Why did the founders give us the Second Amendment?
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- CPAC 2014 straw poll results
- FIELDS: Oscars' fantasy on the Left Coast
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Time for feckless president to show resolve
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama reserves 'Chicago way' for GOP
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Public education would wither in free market
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Turkey not committed to Cyprus peace
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Spoiled-kid culture creates greedy adults