- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Support unborn-baby protection measure
Question of the Day
House and Senate Democrats' worries that the autonomy of a woman's body is being threatened if the Pain-Capable Unborn Baby Protection Act is passed are unfounded ("Rubio weighs sponsorship of bill to end abortions after 20 weeks," Web, July 3).
Women will always have control over their own bodies, but we also have to acknowledge the scientific fact that a separate, unique life exists within the womb when a woman is pregnant. We know this to be true from DNA, sonograms and the bodies of aborted babies. Only one person comes out of an abortion alive; the other person has no voice, no choice and no rights.
Rep. Trent Franks, Arizona Republican, and the House Republicans are to be commended for passing a bill that affirms the sanctity of life and offers it some protections. A multitude of pro-life women across America celebrate the victory and hope to see Sen. Marco Rubio, Florida Republican, bring the bill up before the Senate.
In life, the precious core does not appear and is known only by our Creator. Talents bring admiration to man, while grace goes unrecognized. I am thankful to those House Republicans for showing the grace and the fidelity needed to follow the narrow path to what is right, rather the wide road to what is popular.
My hope for the Democrats is that they focus less on perpetuating the culture of death and more on the state of their immortal souls.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
Get Breaking Alerts
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- State Department indicates Nouri al-Maliki's days numbered as Iraq prime minister
- Inside China: Massive flight woes and a missile test
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'