- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Va. Tech tailback Holmes dismissed from school
Question of the Day
BLACKSBURG, VA. (AP) - Virginia Tech tailback Michael Holmes has been kicked out of school after being convicted of assault and battery.
Athletics department spokesman Bryan Johnston said Tuesday that the decision was made by a student judicial panel.
Holmes was charged with felony malicious wounding after a fight April 21. He was convicted of the reduced misdemeanor charge on June 13 and was given a one-year suspended sentence. Two counts of simple assault were dropped.
The 20-year-old sophomore from Harrisonburg started five games last season, rushing for 280 yards and four touchdowns. He was in the mix for playing time next season along with J.C. Coleman and Trey Edmunds, who were first and second on the depth chart at the end of spring practice.
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- House backs faster deportations, cancels 'Dreamer' policy
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors