- No mas: Principal bans Spanish language in intercom announcement
- Hacking software could put ‘zombie drone army’ in user’s hands
- Support for stricter gun laws drops: poll
- 10 whales dead, 41 others stranded in Everglades
- John Boehner faces bipartisan pressure to allow gay-rights vote
- Martin Bashir resigns from MSNBC over ‘ill-judged’ comments about Sarah Palin
- Rep. Duncan Hunter: While Obama prays for Iranian change, U.S. should ready its nukes
- Best company ever? Veteran Beer Co. exists to employ vets, provide quality beer
- Iran official: Sanctions ‘utterly failed’ to stop nuclear program
- ‘Black Santa’ display at IU sparks student outrage
Alabama fan freed in Auburn tree poisoning case
Prosecutors are seeking $1 million in restitution for the trees. Stanley said he wants a full hearing on the issue and called the amount excessive.
The skeletal trees were removed on April 23, days after tens of thousands of Auburn fans gathered for one final celebratory rolling following the spring game.
Auburn is planning to sell framed memorabilia featuring twigs, leaves and other parts of the oak trees, jewelry, and other items.
Updyke, meanwhile, has been a polarizing figure in a bitter college football rivalry for more than two years. Alabama has won three of the last four football national titles, while Auburn won the other one.
“He’s looking forward to getting back to Louisiana to see his granddaughter, his daughter and be able to get back to living a normal life, which certainly hasn’t been the case since 2010,” the attorney said.
“He wanted a banana and he got a banana,” he said. “That’s it.”
- Apple wins facial recognition patent for iPhone 6
- Inside China: Nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S.
- U.S. drops 2,000 mice on Guam by parachute to kill snakes
- Xbox One, Playstation 4 games penalize users for cursing in their own homes
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- Hola: Boehner prepares to push amnesty bill through House
- Young and healthy millennials create risky imbalance by shunning Obamacare
- Obama: Growing income inequality 'defining challenge' of this generation
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- CURL: 'Mission Accomplished' for Obamacare
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
The Constitution: Every issue, every time. No exceptions, no excuses. And how to get from here to there.
A libertarian look at breaking news and political trends by author Tom Mullen.
A stat-head’s outlook, direct from his worn in couch cushion.
Playing Through covers the world of PGA golf, as well as tips your the average golfer to play better.