- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Time for an independent counsel
Question of the Day
Was the 2012 presidential election hampered by President Obama and the Internal Revenue Service unfairly delaying conservative groups' tax-exempt status and restricting certain conservative groups' agenda? From leaked conversations between Mr. Obama and his election-team staff, it's a known fact that Mr. Obama thought he would lose the 2012 election to Mitt Romney.
IRS Commissioner Douglas Shulman had extensive access to the White House. Mr. Shulman visited the White House more than 150 times in three years, more than any Cabinet secretary. It is not outside of the realm of possibility that Mr. Obama and his aides, at meetings with the IRS, were coordinating their attacks on conservative groups, including Tea Party activists. It is widely known that Mr. Obama has a deep resentment of the Tea Party and other conservative groups.
The facts are these: More than 500 conservative groups and five pro-Israel groups were targeted by the IRS, groups and businesses that criticized Mr. Obama were also targeted, as were at least two pro-life groups. (The IRS even tried to make anti-abortion activists in Iowa promise not to picket in front of Planned Parenthood, which is totally outside the jurisdiction of the IRS.)
Watergate and President Nixon's enemies list pales in comparison to what Mr. Obama and his IRS did. They hindered a general election.
An independent counsel must be immediately appointed to get to the bottom of Mr. Obama's abuse of power and interfering with a free election.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
Get Breaking Alerts
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Federal deficit shrinks 20 percent in fiscal 2014
- EDITORIAL: Our ideological president
- Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress
- Chris Matthews: GOP less patriotic than South African white apartheid leaders
- Sen. Rand Paul pushes 'Economic Freedom Zones' for Detroit