- Boise business entices customers to come break stuff — ‘recreational destruction’
- Fired Yahoo exec’s $60 million golden parachute may be a record
- Arkansas gynecologist snapped nude photos of patients, police say
- Anthony Weiner on his current sexting habits: ‘None of your business’
- Producers eye Capitol Hill for latest reality TV hit
- No selfie awareness: Obama, Biden mug for Instagram as Ukraine implodes
- Putin to Snowden: We don’t collect droves of data on everyone like the U.S.
- Clemson football’s new opponent: Atheists upset with player prayer, Bible study
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford’s re-election launch party will be ‘history in the making,’ brother says
- Louisiana group hits back at Sen. Mary Landrieu campaign ad with ‘Actress Mary’ spot
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Time for an independent counsel
Was the 2012 presidential election hampered by President Obama and the Internal Revenue Service unfairly delaying conservative groups' tax-exempt status and restricting certain conservative groups' agenda? From leaked conversations between Mr. Obama and his election-team staff, it's a known fact that Mr. Obama thought he would lose the 2012 election to Mitt Romney.
IRS Commissioner Douglas Shulman had extensive access to the White House. Mr. Shulman visited the White House more than 150 times in three years, more than any Cabinet secretary. It is not outside of the realm of possibility that Mr. Obama and his aides, at meetings with the IRS, were coordinating their attacks on conservative groups, including Tea Party activists. It is widely known that Mr. Obama has a deep resentment of the Tea Party and other conservative groups.
The facts are these: More than 500 conservative groups and five pro-Israel groups were targeted by the IRS, groups and businesses that criticized Mr. Obama were also targeted, as were at least two pro-life groups. (The IRS even tried to make anti-abortion activists in Iowa promise not to picket in front of Planned Parenthood, which is totally outside the jurisdiction of the IRS.)
Watergate and President Nixon's enemies list pales in comparison to what Mr. Obama and his IRS did. They hindered a general election.
An independent counsel must be immediately appointed to get to the bottom of Mr. Obama's abuse of power and interfering with a free election.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
Get Breaking Alerts
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
- CURL: The state of the Union worse than you thought
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Bundy support demonstrates voters' distrust
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obamacare disasters were avoidable
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Muhammad wouldn't condone Boston bombing
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: High heels: Hazardous to one's health?
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Marshall's comments hurt GOP, pro-lifers