- Perdue strategy: Run against Reid, Obama, Pelosi
- White House: More changes to contraception mandate coming
- ‘Operation Normandy’ set to send 3,500 volunteers to border to ‘stop an invasion’
- Netanyahu’s spokesman: Safe to fly to Israel
- Oregon vandals smear cars with doughnuts, pastries, chocolate bars
- Obama’s ‘Katrina moment’ leaves his favorability factor at 42 percent
- Feds tout nearly 200 arrests, $625K in seized cash in Texas border crackdown
- Joy Behar: Sarah Palin should be ‘turning letters over on some game show’
- Rhino poacher in South Africa sentenced to 77 years in jail
- John Kerry defies FAA and flies to Israel to talk peace
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Judge complicit in reporter witch hunt?
Question of the Day
When examining the scandal surrounding the Justice Department attack on reporter James Rosen and Fox News, one question that should not be left out of the congressional inquiry is, Where was the judge?
Did the request for search warrants on the phones and personal emails of a well-known reporter and Fox News actually meet constitutional requirements? Did the judge look the other way and sign this application disregarding his responsibilities? Judges are not potted plants in this process.
Was the information contained in the affidavit factual? What was the basis for thinking an established reporter with family ties was a flight risk? Was that perjury and put into the affidavit for the sole purpose of “beefing up” the affidavit? Someone swore under oath that the information in the affidavit was “true and correct.”
The role the judge played in this is important because it is judges who stand between the power of the law and the citizens.
ROBERT A. POGGI
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Retailer pays a price for getting too close to Obama
Get Breaking Alerts
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- HURT: The cost of 'free' water in Detroit
- EDITORIAL: Obamacare in intensive care
- Pentagon team dispatched to Ukraine amid crisis with Russia
- Contrasting judgments on Obama's health care hours apart; appeals court calls subsidies unlawful