- No mas: Principal bans Spanish language in intercom announcement
- Hacking software could put ‘zombie drone army’ in user’s hands
- Support for stricter gun laws drops: poll
- 10 whales dead, 41 others stranded in Everglades
- John Boehner faces bipartisan pressure to allow gay-rights vote
- Martin Bashir resigns from MSNBC over ‘ill-judged’ comments about Sarah Palin
- Rep. Duncan Hunter: While Obama prays for Iranian change, U.S. should ready its nukes
- Best company ever? Veteran Beer Co. exists to employ vets, provide quality beer
- Iran official: Sanctions ‘utterly failed’ to stop nuclear program
- ‘Black Santa’ display at IU sparks student outrage
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama playbook strips away rights
It’s apparent to me that most people in their 20s and 30s have little concern about what is going on in their own country.
On several occasions, I have witnessed interviews conducted by Fox News with people in these age groups. Most of them haven’t known what Benghazi, Libya, was about and have never heard of the scandals involving the Internal Revenue Service or the Associated Press reporters.
As President Obama’s protege, Mr. Holder has enjoyed the protection of the Oval Office going back to the “Fast and Furious” gunrunning scandal, all the while turning this country into a police state. As for our illustrious president, he sits in his Eiffel Tower in the clouds, exempt from criticism from the media, which has kept the general public uninformed that we are losing our country.
To be frank, Mr. Obama has a dangerous agenda: Divide the masses by demonizing one class against another. Investigate dissenters as with the latest scandal involving the National Security Agency, making a list for future use. Make industry reliant on the government until the time comes to take it over. Make the masses depend on government handouts, then when the time is right, get involved in a war, bringing all together to support this fictitious democratic ideology. When all is said and done that ideology will strip away the rights of the American people.
GREGORY J. TOPLIFF
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
Get Breaking Alerts
- Apple wins facial recognition patent for iPhone 6
- First Dog Sunny knocks down Ashtyn Gardner; Michelle Obama yanks leash
- Hola: Boehner prepares to push amnesty bill through House
- Inside China: Nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S.
- MILLER: Obamas EPA closing smelter will not affect ammunition supply
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- U.S. drops 2,000 mice on Guam by parachute to kill snakes
- HURT: Postal Service misses address by a whole continent
- Inside the Ring: China targeting U.S. spy flights
- HARPER: 'Knockout game' not a myth to liberal Sharpton