- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama playbook strips away rights
It’s apparent to me that most people in their 20s and 30s have little concern about what is going on in their own country.
On several occasions, I have witnessed interviews conducted by Fox News with people in these age groups. Most of them haven’t known what Benghazi, Libya, was about and have never heard of the scandals involving the Internal Revenue Service or the Associated Press reporters.
Most also have never heard about the bogus charges filed by U.S. Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. accusing a Fox News reporter named James Rosen of having ties with terrorists.
As President Obama’s protege, Mr. Holder has enjoyed the protection of the Oval Office going back to the “Fast and Furious” gunrunning scandal, all the while turning this country into a police state. As for our illustrious president, he sits in his Eiffel Tower in the clouds, exempt from criticism from the media, which has kept the general public uninformed that we are losing our country.
To be frank, Mr. Obama has a dangerous agenda: Divide the masses by demonizing one class against another. Investigate dissenters as with the latest scandal involving the National Security Agency, making a list for future use. Make industry reliant on the government until the time comes to take it over. Make the masses depend on government handouts, then when the time is right, get involved in a war, bringing all together to support this fictitious democratic ideology. When all is said and done that ideology will strip away the rights of the American people.
GREGORY J. TOPLIFF
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
Get Breaking Alerts
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Bundy support demonstrates voters' distrust
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obamacare disasters were avoidable
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Muhammad wouldn't condone Boston bombing
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: High heels: Hazardous to one's health?
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Marshall's comments hurt GOP, pro-lifers