- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama playbook strips away rights
Question of the Day
It’s apparent to me that most people in their 20s and 30s have little concern about what is going on in their own country.
On several occasions, I have witnessed interviews conducted by Fox News with people in these age groups. Most of them haven’t known what Benghazi, Libya, was about and have never heard of the scandals involving the Internal Revenue Service or the Associated Press reporters.
Most also have never heard about the bogus charges filed by U.S. Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. accusing a Fox News reporter named James Rosen of having ties with terrorists.
As President Obama’s protege, Mr. Holder has enjoyed the protection of the Oval Office going back to the “Fast and Furious” gunrunning scandal, all the while turning this country into a police state. As for our illustrious president, he sits in his Eiffel Tower in the clouds, exempt from criticism from the media, which has kept the general public uninformed that we are losing our country.
To be frank, Mr. Obama has a dangerous agenda: Divide the masses by demonizing one class against another. Investigate dissenters as with the latest scandal involving the National Security Agency, making a list for future use. Make industry reliant on the government until the time comes to take it over. Make the masses depend on government handouts, then when the time is right, get involved in a war, bringing all together to support this fictitious democratic ideology. When all is said and done that ideology will strip away the rights of the American people.
GREGORY J. TOPLIFF
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
Get Breaking Alerts
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia's gay marriage ban
- Federal judge rules D.C. ban on handguns in public is unconstitutional
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine