- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama playbook strips away rights
Question of the Day
It’s apparent to me that most people in their 20s and 30s have little concern about what is going on in their own country.
On several occasions, I have witnessed interviews conducted by Fox News with people in these age groups. Most of them haven’t known what Benghazi, Libya, was about and have never heard of the scandals involving the Internal Revenue Service or the Associated Press reporters.
Most also have never heard about the bogus charges filed by U.S. Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. accusing a Fox News reporter named James Rosen of having ties with terrorists.
As President Obama’s protege, Mr. Holder has enjoyed the protection of the Oval Office going back to the “Fast and Furious” gunrunning scandal, all the while turning this country into a police state. As for our illustrious president, he sits in his Eiffel Tower in the clouds, exempt from criticism from the media, which has kept the general public uninformed that we are losing our country.
To be frank, Mr. Obama has a dangerous agenda: Divide the masses by demonizing one class against another. Investigate dissenters as with the latest scandal involving the National Security Agency, making a list for future use. Make industry reliant on the government until the time comes to take it over. Make the masses depend on government handouts, then when the time is right, get involved in a war, bringing all together to support this fictitious democratic ideology. When all is said and done that ideology will strip away the rights of the American people.
GREGORY J. TOPLIFF
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
Get Breaking Alerts
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Islamic militants seize Benghazi as U.S. evacuates Libya