- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
RG3 progress continues as summer break, wedding approach
He did not specify where he and his bride will honeymoon, but that trip will include knee exercises.
“I’m planning ahead of time to make sure I do things I have to do while I’m on that honeymoon,” he said. “I think I’m a responsible guy, so I’ll make sure I do everything I have to to be ready — cutting, running, working out — so when I get back and they see me, that they’ll be not only impressed, but they feel safe and sound to put me out there.”
In the nearer term, the quarterback is scheduled to meet with his surgeon, Dr. James Andrews, next week, a person with knowledge of the situation said.
He wouldn’t be cleared to practice, though, until just before the start of camp, coach Mike Shanahan said.
“We talk about this question every day, and nobody knows for sure, but we’re trying on July 24 or 25, in that area, and we’ll find out,” Shanahan said.
Griffin, then, will push forward with his physical recovery.
He is fine from a mental standpoint — confident in his knee — but he has a bit more work to do to ensure he can resume playing at a high level.
He won’t risk absorbing contact until he’s in a game situation, but preparing for that first hit continues to be his goal.
And if all goes well, he’ll be wearing a helmet, jersey and pads in six weeks’ time.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- REDSKINS 2013: Breaking down the schedule, game by game
- NFL 2013: Ranking all 32 teams in terms of staying power
- REDSKINS 2013: Washington seeks staying power among NFL's elite
- With no blueprint, Redskin Hankerson seeks success as dad
- Redskins receiver Leonard Hankerson learning to manage family life with football career
Latest Blog Entries
By Tammy Bruce
Team Obama's bizarre behavior helps Gitmo terrorists foil justice
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Obama taunts GOP, takes nationally televised victory lap on Obamacare
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Brewer signs 1 of 4 pro-gun bills passed Wednesday
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- CBO shows it's Paul Ryan 4, Obama 0 on budget targeting
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.