- China City of America mulled for New York — with $65M tax dollars
- Yemen defense ministry rocked by suicide bomber, gunfire
- Hack attack: 2 million Facebook, Twitter passwords stolen
- Mystery deepens over radioactive cobalt-60 stolen in Mexico
- No mas: Principal bans Spanish language in intercom announcement
- Hacking software could put ‘zombie drone army’ in user’s hands
- Support for stricter gun laws drops: poll
- 10 whales dead, 41 others stranded in Everglades
- John Boehner faces bipartisan pressure to allow gay-rights vote
- Martin Bashir resigns from MSNBC over ‘ill-judged’ comments about Sarah Palin
Donald remains in US Open hunt after rough round
“I never really played well at the tournaments here,” he said. “It’s a bummer. I crossed the state at Oakmont for a couple of championships. At 43, there’s not going to be another tournament here at Merion.”
The 2010 British Open champion strained a hip flexor while shooting a 5-over 75 in the first round and pulled out before his second round tee time Friday.
Oosthuizen said the problem affected his swing to the point that he was advised he risked further damage if he kept playing.
The South African’s best finish at the U.S. Open came in 2011, when he tied for ninth.
DIVOTS: Stuck in the mud: Tiger Woods’ ski-champion girlfriend Lindsey Vonn had to trek through the mud at Merion like any other fan. “Sums up my day on the golf course… (hash) muddy (hash) usopen2013,” she wrote on Twitter. The tweet went along with a photo of her from the knees down standing ankle-deep in the soupy muck. She later posted a Vine video of various muddy shoes and boots around the course. “Muddy shoes… Best and worst so far. (hash) whatweretheythinking.”
- Inside China: Nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S.
- Apple wins facial recognition patent for iPhone 6
- 'Harry Potter' and 'Hunger Games' fans debate over political messages in films
- Democratic infighting erupts with squabble over entitlements
- Young and healthy millennials create risky imbalance by shunning Obamacare
- Obamas call to close Vatican embassy is 'slap in the face' to Roman Catholics
- Allen West warns Obamas backdoor gun control is moving forward
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- Susan Rice slams Russia, China on human rights
- U.S. debt jumps a record $328 billion tops $17 trillion for first time
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
The Constitution: Every issue, every time. No exceptions, no excuses. And how to get from here to there.
A libertarian look at breaking news and political trends by author Tom Mullen.
A stat-head’s outlook, direct from his worn in couch cushion.
Playing Through covers the world of PGA golf, as well as tips your the average golfer to play better.