- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
Paris museum exhibit: Palestinian suicide bombers are ‘martyrs’
A museum in Paris funded by tax dollars is under fire for displaying an exhibit that refers to Palestinian suicide bombers as "martyrs."
The exhibit is a composite of photographs by Palestinian Ahlam Shibli. It's at the Jeu de Paume museum and includes dozens of pictures with captions that speak in glowing terms of suicide-bombing Palestinians, The Associated Press reported.
Some of the photos highlight members of the al-Aqsa Martyrs' Brigade, a group that's listed as a terrorist organization in the European Union and by the United States.
One caption calls the bombers martyrs because they were killed "as a result of the Israeli occupation," AP reported.
Jewish groups are outraged and have called on the country's culture minister to label the exhibit "unacceptable," AP reported. Meanwhile, a protest has been set for this Sunday outside the museum.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Cheryl Chumley is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She’s also a 2008-2009 Robert Novak journalism fellow with The Phillips Foundation. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Napoleon's death-bed hair, shirt to hit the auction block
- Rachel Canning revealed: Host let teen throw booze parties
- Bob Costas botox caused pink eye; NBC host denies claim
- Woman born male sues CrossFit for gender discrimination
- Darrell Issa pressed by Black Caucus to say sorry to Elijah Cummings
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Aronofsky's 'Noah' banned in Qatar, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates
- Christine O'Donnell eager to re-engage in political debate
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- DELAY: A revolution for the Constitution
- PRUDEN: Likening Putin to Hitler on Ukraine shows Hillary's shaky grasp of history
- Back to the Future: HUVr Tech marketing video goes viral with hoverboard release tease
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again