- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Paris museum exhibit: Palestinian suicide bombers are ‘martyrs’
Question of the Day
A museum in Paris funded by tax dollars is under fire for displaying an exhibit that refers to Palestinian suicide bombers as "martyrs."
The exhibit is a composite of photographs by Palestinian Ahlam Shibli. It's at the Jeu de Paume museum and includes dozens of pictures with captions that speak in glowing terms of suicide-bombing Palestinians, The Associated Press reported.
Some of the photos highlight members of the al-Aqsa Martyrs' Brigade, a group that's listed as a terrorist organization in the European Union and by the United States.
One caption calls the bombers martyrs because they were killed "as a result of the Israeli occupation," AP reported.
Jewish groups are outraged and have called on the country's culture minister to label the exhibit "unacceptable," AP reported. Meanwhile, a protest has been set for this Sunday outside the museum.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Cheryl Chumley is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She’s also a 2008-2009 Robert Novak journalism fellow with The Phillips Foundation. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- Thomas the Tank Engine show is racist, British blogger accuses
- Scott Brown struggles for political traction in New Hampshire Senate race
- Satanists to use Hobby Lobby rule to skirt state abortion laws
- Rush Limbaugh: 'There is no journalism anymore'
- Toronto's Rob Ford takes rehabbed self to kids' playground for political props
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- McCLAUGHRY: Finish off the "Islamic State" quickly and cheaply
- New York Times reporter Carol Vogel accused of plagiarism
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- ISIL destroys key bridge leading to Baghdad; suicide truck bomb severed supply line
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world