- Air Force cadets ‘revolt’ after officials remove biblical verse from whiteboard
- Rep. Lee: Paul Ryan out of touch with urban Americans
- House votes down resolution to force Issa to apologize
- Kremlin blocks opposition websites; Kasparov fears Putin plans ‘something drastic’
- Saving trees? EPA wastes $1.5 million storing unneeded pamphlets in warehouse
- Scott Brown Senate bid in New Hampshire may launch soon
- Jeffrey Corzine, son of ex-N.J. governor, dead at 31
- Australian surfing magazine sorry for calling indigenous surfer ‘apeish’
- Records: Man in Fla. theater shooting also was texting
- The Putin problem: U.S. needs Russian rockets for spy satellites
Spurs’ Green sets NBA Finals record for 3-pointers
Now he’s a big reason why the MVP’s chances of a second consecutive championship are in serious trouble.
He finished with 24 points and went 6 of 10 from long range in Game 5, and the San Antonio Spurs are one win away from their first title since 2007 with a 114-104 win Sunday night.
“I never thought in a million years I’d have this record. But there’s still some business to be done,” Green said.
He is 25 for 38 from long range in the Finals, having hit at least four 3-pointers in every game against Miami except one.
Yet even Allen _ the NBA’s all-time leader in 3-pointers _ didn’t shoot with this kind of precision in the Finals. Allen, who plays for the Heat and has 11 3s this series, shot 52 percent in that six-game win against the Los Angeles Lakers.
Green still has at least one game left to add to his total. Game 6 is Tuesday night in Miami.
The Spurs edged Miami in Game 1 and must win another to hoist a fifth championship in the Tim Duncan era.
“When you do it for 82 games, the only thing left is to see if you can do it when the real lights come on in playoff time,” Popovich said. “He’s pretty much answered that question.”
Now the 25-year-old has emerged as the unlikely key for the Spurs.
By Bob Dole
The industrious island has proved itself worthy of U.S. inclusion
- F-35 secrets now showing up in Chinas stealth fighter
- USS Kidd sent to Indian Ocean after 'indication' of Malaysian jet crash
- FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
- Warren Buffett's son to spend $23.7 million in effort to save South African rhinos
- College group's diversity event canceled after excluding white people
- Justice Department refuses info on hundreds of prosecutor misconduct cases
- MILLER: Law enforcement realizes good people with guns deter crime
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again