- RNC ‘autopsy’ authors: ‘Tremendous progress’ from a year ago
- Gun control groups turn to private sector to push crackdowns
- Study to test ‘chocolate’ pills for heart health
- Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay arrested for DWI
- Obama, Abbas to meet Monday morning regarding peace talks
- Guinness quits New York’s St. Patrick’s Day parade over gay march prohibition
- RNC goes on offensive with ad buys in 14 targeted states
- Saudi Arabia bans 50 ‘blasphemous’ baby names — like Benjamin
- Jack Daniel’s up in arms at Tenn. push to ‘weaken’ whiskey label
- Sen. Murphy: Putin ‘making this up as we go along’
Barbra Streisand: Star, in Israel, slams treatment of women
JERUSALEM (AP) — Entertainer Barbra Streisand is attacking Jewish religious practices in Israel that treat women differently from men.
Miss Streisand says she is distressed to read about women in Israel "being forced to sit on the back of the bus" and women being assaulted while praying at Jerusalem's Western Wall. She was referring to recent incidents involving ultra-Orthodox Jews.
Miss Streisand was speaking Monday at Jerusalem's Hebrew University, where she received an honorary doctorate noting her dedication to Israel. She urged equality and praised the university for issuing its largest-ever number of doctoral degrees to women this year.
The speech was the first event on Miss Streisand's tour of Israel. The Jewish singer-actress-director will attend the 90th birthday party of Israeli President Shimon Peres before holding her first-ever concerts in Israel this weekend.
TWT Video Picks
By David A. Clarke Jr.
Blame Washington's intelligence failure, not lack of police
- CURL: We overhauled U.S. health care to insure 4.2 million people?
- California gun store owner refuses to hand over customer list
- Bill Maher: God a 'psychotic mass murderer' who 'drowns babies'
- Guinness quits New York's St. Patrick's Day parade over gay march prohibition
- Crimea votes in favor of secession; U.S. rejects
- Obama makes play for Obamacare in March Madness-themed ad
- Firefighters discover church's Bible in Harlem rubble following gas explosion
- Ron Paul: 'Washington does not care about our privacy'
- McCaul offers scenario where missing Malaysian jet lands in hostile country to be use as missile
- College group's diversity event canceled after excluding white people
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014