- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, non-lethal aid to counter Russians
- HUMPRHIES: The Liberal Bully of the Week is …
- Secret Service threatened to kill Mr. Met if he got close to President Clinton, book claims
- Sarah Palin to campaign for Senate candidate Ben Sasse in Nebraska
- Boise business entices customers to come break stuff — ‘recreational destruction’
- Fired Yahoo exec’s $60 million golden parachute may be a record
- Arkansas gynecologist snapped nude photos of patients, police say
- Anthony Weiner on his current sexting habits: ‘None of your business’
- Producers eye Capitol Hill for latest reality TV hit
FENNO: Tim Tebow, the third-stringer we can’t seem to shake
Even Robert Griffin III invested six sentences of his weekly press gathering answering a question about The Quarterback’s job prospects.
President Obama seemed to be the only person who didn’t weigh in on the NFL’s traveling circus.
“There’s a saturation effect, in a way,” End said. “When the lead story is ‘Tebow signs with a team’ instead of the NBA Finals, people are going to say, ‘I hate this Tebow guy, taking away from the limelight our teams deserve.’ … If it seems like every third day something that scrolls across the bottom of your ESPN channel is Tebow, you could see how that’d get annoying.”
Added Hirt: “He’s polarizing, too. There’s people who think he’s goody-goody, not that talented, who find that religion thing a turnoff, who don’t like that he gets so much attention and isn’t so good.”
The backlash resembled a hurricane, as out of proportion to The Quarterback’s perceived flaws as the incessant adulation is to his strengths.
He’s a third-string quarterback with a Heisman Trophy who transcended his ability and, for better or worse, the game he plays.
“We’re very select processors of information,” Hirt said. “There’s people whose whole career have been made by a few moments. … It’ll be interesting to see how long this can last.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- Declassified cables from Berlin Wall tell tale of drama, dare,
- Judge denies settlement motion in NFL concussion lawsuit
- Jay Gruden's long and winding road to Washington
- FENNO: Championship game provides an opportunity to listen to those who play
- FENNO: For Redskins, nonsensical is the new normal
Latest Blog Entries
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
- CURL: The state of the Union worse than you thought
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.